Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:05 AM

Can Men And Women Just Be Good Friends?

I think they can but l know some people think they can’t!

Do you have a friend of the opposite sex who is your friend only and always has been?

What do you think? Can men and women just be good friends?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:17 AM

Re: Can Men And Women Just Be Good Friends?

I'm friends with lots of men but I have to admit they are all attached to my friends...husband's and partners and of course i would never be anything more than pals with them.

Thinking about it Art I don't have any single male friends I'm not sure why that is ?

I'm not counting online I think that's different but even then just pals.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Yes they can, and why shouldn't they. I have two best Male friends, one has been like my big brother for 47 yrs now, been with me through good and bad, in fact he gave me away at my Wedding, having lost my Father as a child. The other I've known for 21 yrs, he visits at least once a week, for a coffee and a catch up. I have another male friend, who use to be the Landlord of my local, but has now moved away, I don't see him, but he always phones about once a month to have a good old chat.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:22 AM

Yes I think they can just be good friends .
It is down to an attitude of mind isn't it and 'keeping the door to possibilities firmly shut' .
I think people send out subconscious signals too of 'I may be available' ....and a look a touch. If you are not available you don't send out those signals and it soon becomes quite clear to the other person.

When I was a volunteer with an organisation I had lots of male friends (and female), when you regularly spend a 12 hour night duty with someone under stressful circumstances you can become very close but I never had a problem 'keeping the door of possibilities shut'.

I don't have any male close friends now or female either, I prefer my own company these days
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:33 AM

I have a couple of male friends that I meet with for coffee and a gossip - Yes, men do gossip - or occasionally we go the theatre or to a dance - sometimes (when the weather is kind) we just go for walks in the park or by the river.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:34 AM

I think they can but Mr M thinks otherwise he has no female friends I had a few friends who were men but they have died now .
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:39 AM

I have a few female friends from the days that my wife was alive. I have seen their husbands go, but we still chat on the phone often. A couple are distance in miles.
But I will be honest, I would like a female friend with benefits.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:46 AM

Yes my bessie mate, who started off with his then wife, running a social club years ago. The club melted away, as did the very few other members, but I stayed constant in their lives, mutual on both sides.

They split up some years ago, I still see them both, he is now with a new partner, but I look upon him as the brother I wanted (my own is pretty useless!). This male friends has helped me so much in the past, is always there for me, (and I help him with computer and technological stuff), and I also get on with his new partner. She accepts I am a huge part of his life, as he is mine.

I believe we have known each other around 25-30 years. I'll have to ask him. Actually must be more than that.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 09:59 AM

it ia all based on trust. In a strong partnership/marriage having a friend of the opposite sex will make no difference. it is only those that are unsure that will worry.

Of course if one is single for whatever reason and they get on together then good for them
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2018, 10:08 AM

Yes,My two best Friends who knew Me since birth were Men,Our Families were all Friends and They were like big Brothers to Me..When the three of Us became widowed ,We went out to the Theatre/lunches/drives etc'..They died some Years ago and I miss Them very much...Men I have met since mostly want what Emjay wants..'a Friend with benefits'

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top