Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:32 AM

Re: Things that go bump in the day.

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Not things going bump in the day but early hours of the morning.
I was woken by the sound of music playing, it wasn't loud music but incessant. I woke my husband as I was concerned about it. I told him that I thought it was coming from downstairs. He listened, and all of a sudden the music went up to a very loud level. We both ran down stairs, by the time we got there the music had stopped.
We never found the reason for it, it remains a mystery to this day.
This happened to me in my last house (twice in fact) Our stereo came on at midnight really loud. Apparently if you have animals, their hairs can arc the on/off switch.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Weird things a-happenin' there Longdogs.

Few months ago I was asleep and I heard my bedroom chair suddenly jump around the room. Leapt outta bed part-terrified, part-confrontational and saw my chair on its side at the far side of the bedroom. Nobody else in the house.
I can only conclude it was a ghost.
That must have been pretty scary.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Not long ago, I heard a woman talking in my kitchen. I went in there to investigate and there was no one there. Later, l heard her again!

I then realised it was coming from a drawer! On investigation, l discovered it was my previous Samsung mobile telephone with an automated voice message, saying the battery was low!
Made me laugh.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2018, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It certainly was a big bang! At first I thought the man across the lane had shot his girlfriend... he is a bad tempers old so and so, but I called to report it to the electric people because the street light had come on at the same time (just one not the others).
The electric men said It was wise to report it as electric faults often sound like a gun going off....but they found no faults in the sub station. Apparently the street lights have sensors on them, so if a bird poohs on that sensor, it thinks it has gone dark and switches the light on.
I still have no idea what the bang was, but it did make me and all the cats jump!
Did you check your dungeon?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 10:40 AM

It amazes me how when some items fall they do so in a way that you couldn't achieve if you tried ...

I just opened a kitchen cupboard and a small tin of salmon fell out, rolled across the work surface and fell onto the floor straight into the dogs water bowl splashing water everywhere .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2018, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It amazes me how when some items fall they do so in a way that you couldn't achieve if you tried ...

I just opened a kitchen cupboard and a small tin of salmon fell out, rolled across the work surface and fell onto the floor straight into the dogs water bowl splashing water everywhere .
Ha ha. yes I know what you mean Meg. There are some things you couldn't do if you tried.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Sitting here earlier and heard a loud clonk upstairs. On investigation, I found that a cat carrier basket which had been sitting on top of a wardrobe for several months had 'fallen' on the floor. No cats around, no windows open.

The house is still standing so I have no idea what caused it.

Anyone had any similar experiences?
Plenty at my childhood home, and at our previous property where things, which many would term 'supernatural' happened on a daily basis for eleven of the 15 years we lived there. I spent my life painting out the brown stains in the form of Welsh words which appeared on the walls in the lounge. We aren't Welsh speakers and had to get a Welsh dictionary to discover their meaning! They started to appear on the stone fireplace as well. We also had faces and a life size stain in the form of a monk, which seem to 'haunt' the house and property. There was much more more, but I won't bore you. My husband I don't believe in the supernatural so whilst it could be very annoying, we weren't frightened of it, and always looked for a natural explanation.

This is a photo of the fireplace.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fireplace 1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	5572  
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Plenty at my childhood home, and at our previous property where things, which many would term 'supernatural' happened on a daily basis for eleven of the 15 years we lived there. I spent my life painting out the brown stains in the form of Welsh words which appeared on the walls in the lounge. We aren't Welsh speakers and had to get a Welsh dictionary to discover their meaning! They started to appear on the stone fireplace as well. We also had faces and a life size stain in the form of a monk, which seem to 'haunt' the house and property. There was much more more, but I won't bore you. My husband I don't believe in the supernatural so whilst it could be very annoying, we weren't frightened of it, and always looked for a natural explanation.

How fascinating!
Definitely looks like those stones are from an old monastery or church.
If you tell me the Welsh words Tara I could translate if you want
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2018, 03:02 PM

I love ghost stories!
Can we have a ghost story thread?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2018, 03:05 PM

I'm hedging my bets and will reply on April 2nd.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top