Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 08:34 AM

Re: High inflamatory markers.

Thanks for the link Mups.

Since being diagnosed I have been doing a lot of internet investigation as you can imagine.
I have come across a site - it's a charity that is devoted to this condition. They have loads of information and best of all I can connect with other people (like a forum) and discuss worries & problems.

I'm receiving lots of support from my intro thread and so far have had about 30 replies.

They also have support groups and I am going to a meeting of one in Derby in June.

I'm still undecided about the steroids. I've started on an anti -inflammatory diet & hope it will help me cut the steroids out.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2019, 09:24 AM

Good for you for investigating, and the support group sounds like it could be a good idea, as obviously it is from people who actually suffer with this themselves, so have first hand knowledge.

Well done Carol. I think you've done really well.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2019, 01:28 PM

Carol, it sounds like you are arming yourself well with information. Like most things health-related, you have to make compromises. Staying active (including flexiblity exercises like daily yoga), eating right, and ensuring that you are getting enough sleep without awakening in the night are by far your best options.

If your high markers are indeed caused by the ibuprofen, and other treatments fail, you would have to be on steroids just a short time. My daughter had to be on steroids for a year, which caused all the un-fun side effects like moon face, weight gain. However, they all subsided after a couple of short months of weaning of the medication.

Good things your way.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top