Join for free
Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:06 PM

Re: I Think I’ve Made A Huge Mistake, Getting Sky Q.

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
They are half sucked Pontefract cakes - they didn't like them so stuck them on your wall
Yes, they do look like Pontefract cakes! Pesta.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:09 PM

They drill holes in the wall to support their ladders, then when they’re finished, they plug the holes with the plastic discs..
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
How much are admission fees?
It depends. The matinees are cheaper than the evening viewing.
I do run a Pensioner day for half price but that includes a choc ice and a box of popcorn, only if you promise not to eat them noisily!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-05-2019, 09:12 PM

I assume that there were cables coming from there and they plugged the holes to prevent little beasties from gaining access.
Nope! Good guess, though!
Please guess again!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

09-05-2019, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
They drill holes in the wall to support their ladders, then when they’re finished, they plug the holes with the plastic discs..

Well done! Primus. Did you know that, or did you google it?

I thought they were some sort of transmitters and Big Brother was watching or listening to me!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->

I thought they were some sort of transmitters and Big Brother was watching or listening to me!
Saw the engineer do it when we had sky fitted
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 10:48 PM

It depends. The matinees are cheaper than the evening viewing.
I do run a Pensioner day for half price but that includes a choc ice and a box of popcorn, only if you promise not to eat them noisily!
I'm a pensioner, so I might consider that.

I'm always on the lookout for a good deal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2019, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->

That's interesting, but it occurs to me to question why they need to secure their ladders in that way when window cleaners seem to manage without.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:27 AM

Phewww , big sigh , thank goodness , pleased for you Art
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2019, 08:43 AM

That's interesting, but it occurs to me to question why they need to secure their ladders in that way when window cleaners seem to manage without.
Sky as a large organisation probably instruct their employees to follow Health & Safety regulations regarding working from ladders. They have to secure their ladders to the house and from what I understand, themselves to the secured ladders. I witnessed this when outside walls were being drilled to install cavity wall insulation in my house a while back. Window cleaners, probably self-employed, do not necessarily adhere to the Health & Safety regulations.

Page 16 of 18 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top