Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 11:34 AM

Re: Foods you used to hate but love now

I never used to like tomatoes but I tolerate them now...

Hated the taste of bananas as a child but eat them now although I can't say they are one of my favourite foods...
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I never used to like tomatoes but I tolerate them now...

Hated the taste of bananas as a child but eat them now although I can't say they are one of my favourite foods...
I use Bananas to make a delightful Banana fruit loaf - tastes spectacular!!!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Carmen darlin' - Stilton works best if served on Carrs Melts (cheese wafer biscuits) and washed down with a couple of glasses of Port!!!
Agree there UJ apart from the Port, find it a bit heavy for me.....a nice wine maybe

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
I use Bananas to make a delightful Banana fruit loaf - tastes spectacular!!!
Are you related in any way to Gordon Ramsay? You seem to have a good knowledge of culinary delights.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 04:19 PM

I forgot cheeses... never thought I'd like goat cheese, but have acquired a taste for it.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Agree there UJ apart from the Port, find it a bit heavy for me.....a nice wine maybe

Are you related in any way to Gordon Ramsay? You seem to have a good knowledge of culinary delights.
No Carmen darlin' - not related to Gordon Ramsey - but just love my food and swore many years ago not to eat out of packets and tins. Since I live alone it was incumbent upon me to learn to cook. I am now a gormand.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Sensible man! Too many of my single guy friends live on frozen entrees, things out of tins or delivery.

Cooking is fun and things can be spiced and flavored to your tastes.; plus cheaper.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

16-09-2011, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Sensible man! Too many of my single guy friends live on frozen entrees, things out of tins or delivery.

Cooking is fun and things can be spiced and flavored to your tastes.; plus cheaper.
Eileen darlin' I adore curry, but curry out of a packet or tin is not usually hot enough for me, hence I make my own!!!

A slice of cake bought from a supermarket is lost in the middle of a tea-plate and unless you buy two or return to the shop can't go back for second helpings. Yet again I make my own cakes and can cut as small (or big ) a slice as I want and can always go back for second helpings as and when I want.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:06 PM

Just thought of another one.......cockles......I never even wanted to try them. However, since moving here to Wales (and being one of the local delicacies) I was coaxed into trying them.......and guess what? I like them.

They have to be fresh though, not ones pickled in a jar.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2011, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Just thought of another one.......cockles......I never even wanted to try them. However, since moving here to Wales (and being one of the local delicacies) I was coaxed into trying them.......and guess what? I like them.

They have to be fresh though, not ones pickled in a jar.
Aarrgh ..... I have never ever tasted any shellfish and the thought of if make me squirm!
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK

16-09-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Aarrgh ..... I have never ever tasted any shellfish and the thought of if make me squirm!
No shellfish at all Mags?? Not even nice fresh juicy prawns?

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top