Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 01:00 AM

Re: LLoyd Grossman Sauce Warning

Thank you Alicat for the info. I personally don't buy any sauces in jars or tins, since I find them quite bland. Much prefer to make my own.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-11-2011, 09:55 AM

I know Loyd Grossman doesn't manufacture these sauces himself and it's no wonder he's upset. People will now stop buying them so he'll lose a lot of money, or is that just me being cynical?

Mollie darlin' - a large dose of cynicism is just about right.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-11-2011, 11:14 AM

I find this a bit odd children from the same family becoming ill after eating this curry. First of all what had mum added to the sauce, you usually have to add some kind of meat or vegetable to make the meal. If it were people from several different places then I would believe that it was the sauce but it is all too easy to blame a factory made sauce made in a health and safety environment than look at the rest of the stuff ingested by those children. Myself, I am always cynical about what I read in the papers.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 01:44 AM

Botulism is caused through a toxin entering the digestive tract and one person can't contract it from another.

For this to have made the news it can only be assumed that the sauce itself has been tested and found not to have been originally cooked at the required temperature of 250F before being transferred to the jars, to prevent spores from growing.

I'm no authority on the subject, but years ago I had cause to look up the reasons why botulism is caused, and these were my findings.

Like I said, I find most tinned, packet and jar sauces thoroughly disgusting and I don't buy them, preferring my home-made ones which are cheaper and taste better.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 03:04 PM

I haven't heard anymore about this at all, has anyone else?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
I haven't heard anymore about this at all, has anyone else?
It appears the children are stable and improving, thank goodness.

Also the family has requested that no further details on the pair be revealed. That is strange as I would think the majority of the public would be interested in the health of these youngsters

http://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/..._ill_1_1969658
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:10 PM

It was on the radio this afternoon that the source of the food poisoning was not the factory where the sauces were made and they were looking into how the sauces were transported.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
It was on the radio this afternoon that the source of the food poisoning was not the factory where the sauces were made and they were looking into how the sauces were transported.
The plot thickens
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2011, 11:45 PM

Its strange that its not been on the tv news today, just the radio!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-11-2011, 11:49 PM

It seems a third child has been admitted to hospital with suspected botulism. This child is a sibling of the other two ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-15780211

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top