Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Re: Exercise anyone

I try to walk with the dogs at least twice a day and do as much housework as Mrs PM will allow (although she does guard her work jealously).

Winter is the hardest time of course, as come the Spring the garden will give me as much exercise as I can handle. We tried the exercise bike thing for the dark months, but it was just so boring that we got a second hand Wii Fit instead, but even that languishes in the cupboard unloved...
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 09:10 PM

I walk the dog twice a day as well. 1/2 Hour in the Morning and 1 1/2 - 2 Hours in the afternoon. But the trouble is its only a stroll round & round the park this weather. When the weather gets a bit better I do go further & faster- try to find some nice walks that I can do. I'll really have to get a spurt on this year though & try to cut down on the eating a bit as i've put a stone on in the last 12 months. Thats on top of the stone that I was already over weight. All my clothes are getting a bit tight now & I'm not going to buy a bigger size
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 09:32 PM

I'm ashamed to say I'm a bit of a slob.
Even as a teenager I used to wilt and get out of breath doing sports.

Now .. I love to walk. It clears the mind and relaxes as well as gently exercising the body.
A few years back I got a hoola hoop ... remember them?
Total faliure ... it kept just dropping down to my ankles.
I do a bit of yoga which I suppose is less of the exercise and just gentle stretching.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2012, 10:09 PM

Having spent all my working life sitting at a bench, exercise was very important, just to keep my body straight, not to mention my health. I got into the habit of 10 minutes arms and legs stretching in the mornings before work and 20 minutes with the dumb bells (5 kilo's each) at night, I also walk wherever I can without using the bus, and I use the local swimming pool every two weeks or so. I would say I'm fit and strong for the age I am, thank God.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

09-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Hello, And how did you find yourself this morning?

Well, I rolled back the sheets and there I was.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 01:15 AM

I used to exercise quite a bit in my younger days. Playing badminton and going to the gym a couple of times a week, but that was 30 years ago.

I can't walk very far unfortunately because I have a daft left leg so I can't do uphill stuff any longer.

Oddly enough though, I do work my heart by running (?) upstairs when I need the loo, plus I feel me heart banging when I'm doing mopping these days. Wish I could still walk more than 50 yards though, but the doctor can't figure out why I can't!

Used to weed the garden and stuff like that which is quite strenuous, but I can't manage that any longer.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 01:51 AM

I don't exercise as much as I probably should. Whilst I do walk dog/s every day, sometimes three times, I don't feel it gets the heart pumping! Up until recently I went fell walking but haven't had chance to do this lately for various reasons, but boy does that get the heart pumping!!

I have a semi recumbant bike and an eliptical trainer in the spare bedroom and go through phases of using them. I went on the eliptical trainer a couple of nights ago to try and get back into some sort of exercise routine and will try and have another session tomorrow.

I've put on weight over the last few years which I really need to lose so I'm going to make every effort to get fit

AB what exercise are you doing apart from walking?
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 02:09 AM

Well to be honest my job keep me fit, but i do like to go to the Gym when i have the time.

We have some home Gym equipment which both my hubby and i use a couple of time a week, so i think i can say we are both active and keep fit
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I do exercise after suffering 3 heart attacks, I now exercise daily 7 days a week.
I play badminton or table tennis Mon.Tues,Wed, and Friday, with an old folks club.
I circuit train on Thursday and get my bike out Saturday and Sunday, weather permitting.
I feel well again, but I have to keep it up, there is no half measures.
I am 73 years young

That is a bit OTT for someone who has had 3 Heart attacks, ask any doctor and they will tell you to exercise in moderation or you could bring on another attack.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Not according to my consultants AB.
My exercise is not how you would imagine it, it is just regular with plenty of other people in much the same condition.
One guy was 93 last Wednesday and he still plays badminton.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top