Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 06:47 PM

Re: George Foreman Healthy grills

When my son got his first house I bought him a George Foreman grill and he said it was the best thing ever. He still uses one (bigger and better now) and says he wouldn't be without George. He has tried all sorts of things on it - mostly with success - and he had never cooked anything much before he left home.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
When my son got his first house I bought him a George Foreman grill and he said it was the best thing ever. He still uses one (bigger and better now) and says he wouldn't be without George. He has tried all sorts of things on it - mostly with success - and he had never cooked anything much before he left home.
Thanks Aerolor, if it's good enough for your son then it's good enough for me .
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 08:36 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies. It's obvious that these grills are very popular machines, you've all certainly convinced me so I've reserved mine at our nearest Argos and I'm going to collect it tomorrow morning. Thanks again. I can't wait to get it.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 11:29 PM

I have one too and am very pleased with it. I also do toasted sandwiches on it with no problem.

Like Mags says, it's very easy to clean whilst still warm.

Hope you enjoy yours
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2012, 11:41 PM

I would not do without mine. I have had two. Bought a bigger one the second time. It's good for doing your bacon and sausage, I do all meat with it. Saves on the lecky, as it grills both sides at the same time.
Good luck. It should be a very good buy.
Alicat
West Berkshire

18-02-2012, 11:59 PM

Thanks Berxer and Shaz, thanks for your good wishes. I'm getting it tomorrow so I'll let you all know how I get on with it.

I've got some chicken breasts to cook tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 12:41 AM

had one threw it out
was to hard to clean
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 11:39 AM

I forgot to mention that during the summer months, I use mine outdoors as a mini BBQ. It's far easier to clean than a conventional BBQ but I only use it if there are just a few of us.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2012, 03:42 PM

Thanks will get one I think(breadmaker) I have a small grill and you have reminded me to get it out again, hey may even buy a bigger one now.
Alicat
West Berkshire

19-02-2012, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by pixie ->
had one threw it out
was to hard to clean
Hi Pixie They make them with removable plates now and you can put the plates in the dishwasher, very easy to clean so they say.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top