Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2012, 09:15 PM

Re: George Foreman Healthy grills

Phew! I'm glad it all worked well for you, Alison

Yes, the amount of fat is amazing isn't it ..... no wonder they call it a health grill!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2012, 10:59 PM

How are you getting on with your GF grill now, Alison?
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 11:27 AM

I've got a small one of these without the removable plates but I find it very easy to clean. I usually do it the following day by heating it again for a few minutes and it cleans up really easily

I always cook my sausages on it. It takes a whole pack which I share with the dogs and loads of fat comes out into the drip tray. Its really good
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 01:41 PM

I've just bought a small one, not with removable plates as the reviews seemed to suggest that those models were slow to cook. Also the one I bought has a temperature control, which I thought might be useful. 45 Euros, so not a huge spend. About to try it for the first time today, cooking bacon for a BLT!
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Gee had one of those years ago ended up throwing it out
was to hard to clean
bought a turbo oven insted can cook enverything in and the fat drops sown to the glass so no fat cleaning is a breeze and you can see how its cooking
and it browns lovley
http://www.thane.ca/flavorwave-oven-turbo/
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2012, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
I always cook my sausages on it. It takes a whole pack which I share with the dogs and loads of fat comes out into the drip tray. Its really good
I love that you share with the dogs!

Do you poke the sausages with a fork to let the fat drain out or does the grill just do a good job of that anyway?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 12:00 PM

Have to say that though I am happy with mine it annoys me that they market it as "healthy". Using a normal grill with a rack the fat drips down to the tray anyway so it's not as if these Foreman grills do anything special. But I find it easier to keep clean, as I hate washing the grill rack.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2012, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Have to say that though I am happy with mine it annoys me that they market it as "healthy". Using a normal grill with a rack the fat drips down to the tray anyway so it's not as if these Foreman grills do anything special. But I find it easier to keep clean, as I hate washing the grill rack.
Ania darlin' if you line your grill tray with foil, it keeps it clean and you merely peel the foil off the tray and throw it away before relining the tray with more foil.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

18-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Uncle Joe, I do line the tray with foil. But the rack still needs cleaning!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top