Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 10:13 PM

Re: "Lab burger" coming this fall

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
... its a shame they cannot put the money to curing diseases instead.
Good point, yes.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 11:20 PM

Annie - I nearly had an major anger momemt because I thought 'Lab' was used as an abbreviation for Labrador, one of my most favorites breeds. Where I live it's rumoured that Ukrainian illegals have been stealing and killing dogs to eat

Having read you report I'm much relieved to find it's about laboritory research.

Mind you, my thoughts are pretty much like all the above, I don't think I would eat it, and I'm very skeptical of these types of reports, getting from a tiny sample in a lab. is completely different from producing in bulk, just ask any of the big pharmaceutical companies about that.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Annie - I nearly had an major anger momemt because I thought 'Lab' was used as an abbreviation for Labrador, one of my most favorites breeds. Where I live it's rumoured that Ukrainian illegals have been stealing and killing dogs to eat
That's horrible and I certainly hope not true!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 09:35 AM

If they can get the cost down to around 50p per lb I don 't mind having a try at it, I happen to like burgers and chips, but wouldn't be seen dead in either MacDonalds or Burger King.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 05:34 PM

It sounds dreadful, I am glad i am not eating much now because we dont really know what the animals are fed and what is sprayed on the crops.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 06:12 PM

It sounds revolting I wouldn't try it.
Why bother with this 'stuff', when we have quorn?
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
It sounds dreadful, I am glad i am not eating much now because we dont really know what the animals are fed and what is sprayed on the crops.
I know this is off topic...but Annie why don't you buy organic fruite and veg, these days they are a reasonable price.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 08:08 PM

no trying to give up meat
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 08:08 PM

Dont go to big supermarkets now as there are only two of us, shop at the small Sainsbury's but we do eat a lot of organic food.Shop also at M&S in Hexham.I like Carlisle and the shops but its a lot of walking after parking the car, also I dont like leaving Phoebe in the car in a carpark.We cant leave her in the house as she goes spare if I leave her, she tries to dig her way out.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Have you thought about doing your Sainsbury shopping online Annie?
You wouldn't have to worry about Phoebe, and you get the full range of organic food.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top