Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 03:32 PM

Re: Curried fruit

I like my curry very mild - Korma suits me. I don't think it would go with peaches. But I would be happy to try a little from someone else's plate
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
I like my curry very mild - Korma suits me. I don't think it would go with peaches. But I would be happy to try a little from someone else's plate
well I'm sorry but I'm not coming all that way
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 06:18 PM

It wasn't a curry with peaches in it - it was a warm fruit side dish. I'll post the recipe when she sends it. Really was delicious!
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 06:21 PM

When I was at college I went to a friends parents house for a meal. The meal we had was a curry and there was a lot of fruit in it. They had just come back from Kenya.
I often use fruit in cooking, one is a chicken casserole with peaches.
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2012, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
When I was at college I went to a friends parents house for a meal. The meal we had was a curry and there was a lot of fruit in it. They had just come back from Kenya.
I often use fruit in cooking, one is a chicken casserole with peaches.
This curried peach dish she made would be lovely with chicken I think.
Anji0007
Wales UK
Anji0007 is female  Anji0007 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2012, 06:59 PM

I do chilly pineapple, dust fruit in chillie powder, grill or use the forman, nice with gammon, & prawn chilly or curry'd prawns
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Jan darlin' - REAL Indian Curries (I was in Kerala for seven months with my Grandparents when I was a child) always used whatever was available, Bananas, fish, Cocoanuts, dried fruit, goat meat - whatever!!!. Have put bananas and apples in curries I have made here previously an d now I also use Cocoanut cream (Comes in a block inside a packet made by 'Blue Dragon') when making a Korma.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top