Join for free
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:48 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It is not your thread that is boring Art I would never say such a thing no it is the ongoing saga of Harry and Megan
who want privacy so should learn not to court attention.

As was pointed out on the radio this morning, Megan 'falls out ' with a lot of people her father and siblings included, she is an actress by trade who likes drama I just wish she would learn to limit it to her work ...
Corrr, Meg... that’s a relief!

Yes, you are right it is a saga, a very public saga. Sad really...
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:48 PM

Re: Are The Royal Family Turning Into An Up-Market Version Of The Jeremy Kyle Show?

I don't care.

Just like I don't care what my neighbours do in the privacy of their own home, or what somebody does that I've never met who is supposedly famous but for kicking a ball or nobody quite knows what for, the Kardashians or some Essex types for example.
It doesn't matter how much the media or asking in forums tries to convince me otherwise; I do not care.
Not even one little bit.

When anybody tries the argument "but you're paying for ... " my response will be to ask just how much less exactly would I be paying if I were not supposedly contributing to such nonsense?
Because I think that we all know that it will make a total sum difference of approximately zero.
Which by coincidence is exactly how much difference it makes caring about the royal family.

Now I sound like somebody out of that TV show "grumpy old men".
Thanks, OFF.
Thanks a bunch.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
I don't care.

Just like I don't care what my neighbours do in the privacy of their own home, or what somebody does that I've never met who is supposedly famous but for kicking a ball or nobody quite knows what for, the Kardashians or some Essex types for example.
It doesn't matter how much the media or asking in forums tries to convince me otherwise; I do not care.
Not even one little bit.

When anybody tries the argument "but you're paying for ... " my response will be to ask just how much less exactly would I be paying if I were not supposedly contributing to such nonsense?
Because I think that we all know that it will make a total sum difference of approximately zero.
Which by coincidence is exactly how much difference it makes caring about the royal family.

Now I sound like somebody out of that TV show "grumpy old men".
Thanks, OFF.
Thanks a bunch.
Zaphod, We do have trained counsellors backstage where you can talk this through with them!
We also have a free phone number that will appear on your screen very shortly!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 01:58 PM

I keep asking myself if the Royals are, really, just a fabrication created by the Press.

I have never met one, in Real Life, and only hear about them in the Media.

The Papers need a big scandal, every now and again, to keep their papers selling. So why not create a fictional family to focus on?

Get some comic actors in, to play the various roles.

The Government might even be in Cahoots as it can bury a lot of spending by putting it down to Royal Estates, etc.

Hey, A new Conspiracy Theory - I like it!

rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:13 PM

At least it takes a bit of heat off the Andrew saga.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:13 PM

Duke and Duchess as dysfunctional as the families they come from. Divorced parents, affairs.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I keep asking myself if the Royals are, really, just a fabrication created by the Press.

I have never met one, in Real Life, and only hear about them in the Media.

The Papers need a big scandal, every now and again, to keep their papers selling. So why not create a fictional family to focus on?

Get some comic actors in, to play the various roles.

The Government might even be in Cahoots as it can bury a lot of spending by putting it down to Royal Estates, etc.

Hey, A new Conspiracy Theory - I like it!

Ted, Be very careful that men wearing red and black coats don’t come and take you away and put you a building with a tower, near the Thames!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2021, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ted, Be very careful that men wearing red and black coats don’t come and take you away and put you a building with a tower, near the Thames!
Hmm! If they chop my ed off, I'll just be T.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2021, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Hmm! If they chop my ed off, I'll just be T.
That's very quick and witty!
ere, ere!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

06-03-2021, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
At least it takes a bit of heat off the Andrew saga.

rhosyn, That’s true!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top