Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:53 PM

Re: Favourite Pie?

Thanks very much Leia, He knows where the shop is now.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:55 PM

My favourite pie would be cottage pie and lemon meringue pie
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 06:56 PM

pork pie every time,big/small/section i love them
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2017, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Leia ->
They are giant sized pasties, basically a complete meal in a shortcrust pastry filled with lamb, mint, potatoes, veg and leeks of course. They do also make them with beef. The tastiest ones I've had are from a shop in Llangollen.
Not proper Cornish pasties then they have meat etc one end and some sort of pudding at the other as a complete meal.
They should be crimped along the top not at the side .

Being half Cornish and spending a lot of my childhood there the history of the pastie is interesting

Way back when tin mining was the main industry in Cornwall the miners spent all day in the mines, so the pastie had to provide the main meal.

What is not commonly known is the tradition they had.
At the end of the day when the mines were left for the day the miners always left one end of a pastie on the rocks for the "Knockers".

The "Knockers " as they were called were like elves and goblins in Cornish terms, and they made sure the mine was safe overnight for the miners the next day.
carling67
New Member!
birmingham, uk
carling67 is male 

26-07-2017, 06:04 PM

i make a liver, onion and bacon pie with rich gravy and shortcrust pastry! not common i know but very tastey indeed!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I like the Quorn chicken style pies. Tbh, it's the pastry I'm interested in more than the filling. Same with crumbles, give me the crumble topping with custard and I'm happy.
I am partial to a homemade deep chocolate meringue pie, but, but...what of these Quorn pies, you say? We only have Quorn nuggets where I live and now I have Quorn pie envy....

This was the latest chocolate pie I baked for my son who insists on an (over) browned meringue, which I think is an abject sin:

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am partial to a homemade deep chocolate meringue pie, but, but...what of these Quorn pies, you say? We only have Quorn nuggets where I live and now I have Quorn pie envy....

This was the latest chocolate pie I baked for my son who insists on an (over) browned meringue, which I think is an abject sin:

[IMG]
[/IMG]
Hi SM

There's a big Quorn range here, although not all are always available in any one supermarket.

Fillets, sausages, meatballs, 'chicken' pieces, 'chicken' slices, family roast, burgers, mince, 'chicken' Tikka, savoury eggs, peppered 'steaks', 'ham' slices, 'chicken' slices etc etc.

The Quorn chicken and mushroom pies are very nice and one of my favourites.

Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by miles ->
I favour lemon meringue.

Yep, same here. Can't see past it..
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2017, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->

[IMG]
[/IMG]

You do realise there's a 10% pie tax on here darlin' - and where's my bit???
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2017, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
You do realise there's a 10% pie tax on here darlin' - and where's my bit???
Absolutely! I just hope you have a very long fork....

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top