Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Re: Missy in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by carol ->
Missy, what was the most awkward conversation you've had with someone?

Having to have a chat to one of the girls in the office about her odour problem

That really was very awkward. She really did smell bad
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Hi Missy
If you had £100 to spend on yourself and a day and an evening to yourself what would you spend it on (apart from family) and how would you spend your time
Id fill the car to the neck and set off for the day stopping where and when I fancied and treat myself to ice creams and a good meal somewhere nice

Having a whole day just to myself would be pure bliss
Mel15
Nowhere

12-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Missy, where do you see yourself in five years time.
Im not one for change Spittie so I guess Ill be still here doing the same things

Actually I cant make change because I have Mother here to think about. If she wasn't here who knows?

A plan we have for the future is to turn this house into a B&B as its huge, and already is divided for separate living. It would be a way we could keep hold of it for longer as if there was only the two of us here we would just rattle about in it and we would have to downsize
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 11:11 AM

Morning Missy

You say you are a 'wreck' socially due to your Aspergers, yet your posts on here are nothing of the sort. Would you say it is easier for you to put your thoughts and feelings into writing than it is to say them?
Mel15
Nowhere

12-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Morning Missy

You say you are a 'wreck' socially due to your Aspergers, yet your posts on here are nothing of the sort. Would you say it is easier for you to put your thoughts and feelings into writing than it is to say them?
Very much so, well using forums to "talk" to others

Even thats a bit of a struggle as well as Dyspraxia Ive Dyslexia

Although a keyboard is so much easier to use as the keys don't move around, they are always where they should be so I don't make so many spelling mistakes and when words just won't show themselves via spell check, I have google to help me

But at least I can take my time to think about what it is Im trying to get across, re read, change things if needed, double check everything before I hit send, something I cant do with my mouth. That can open and out come some awful social gaffs at times
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Very much so, well using forums to "talk" to others

Even thats a bit of a struggle as well as Dyspraxia Ive Dyslexia

Although a keyboard is so much easier to use as the keys don't move around, they are always where they should be so I don't make so many spelling mistakes and when words just won't show themselves via spell check, I have google to help me

But at least I can take my time to think about what it is Im trying to get across, re read, change things if needed, double check everything before I hit send, something I cant do with my mouth. That can open and out come some awful social gaffs at times
Well I think your posts are interesting ( and I think LD does too), so much so that I wouldn't notice a spelling mistake.
Always remember that we are not the english teachers who keeps you in detention, we are the ones who are interested in what you have to say.
Mel15
Nowhere

12-08-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I think your posts are interesting ( and I think LD does too), so much so that I wouldn't notice a spelling mistake.
Always remember that we are not the english teachers who keeps you in detention, we are the ones who are interested in what you have to say.

Ah but I see them

As I say Im pretty ok on a keyboard, I can actually spell pretty well. When I write with a pen though, all bets are off. B's and D's get transposed, 5's and S's, 6 and 9. P and q, w, m and n - I can use any of them in completely the wrong way They all look the same to me and trying to write words using them is a nightmare. Im a bit better with print, but Im still a child talking myself through how to "draw" it

Yep, I love a keyboard
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 11:05 PM

I'm away now until Friday so let me take the opportunity now to say thanks for volunteering.

One last question from me:

Who was your pop idol when you were a teenager?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2018, 11:35 PM

Have nice break Carol .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2018, 05:58 AM

Thanks LQ. It's going to be a bit wet in Blackpool but what the heck!

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top