Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:04 AM

Re: If you were suddenly in charge of your company*

I was my own boss for about ten years, The worst boss I ever had.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:06 AM

If I was in charge of a company I would pay the staff well, but expect them to work hard, I would have no hesitation in sacking them if they didn't.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:28 AM

If l owned my own company and it started to make lots of money. l wouldn’t like some, go straight out and splash the money on fast cars and other expensive items.
You always need to have plenty of money in the kitty as a back up, in case one or more of your customer’s businesses go bang and can’t pay you.

This is where a lot of people who start businesses go wrong and lose the lot.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:49 AM

I worked for the same company for about 22 years. It was good for many of those but I didn't agree with the changes they made in the last few years I was there. Luckily, with my line of work, I could go self-employed. That's what I did and I changed every working practice. I know that's not the same as running a company but I ran myself quite successfully.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 09:53 AM

I have to get an odd tenner to buy essential things from the local BQ or elsewhere.
The rules say I should pay and then get a refund, which I refuse to do.
So the alternative is to get office staff to fill in an online form,get it signed, sign it myself twice, go and buy the item, with the money issued, sign yet again when I return.

And all this for anti corruption rules.
A tenner out of the petty cash would work just as well, and a lot simpler.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Reduce management and empower employees more, expect meetings to have a mix of both, so both can understand different aspects of the firm.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-08-2018, 10:59 AM

I would love to be put in charge of the NHS for certain things. I.E. the complete and utter waste of "Middle-Management" for a start. I would start by cutting this to the bone and ensuring that money went to front-line services. Next, I would sort out the greedy buggers running the hospital car-parks and companies that use the 070 for phone calls from patients at £1.50 per minute for making calls from hospital wards.
Then I would start on the lazy sods that refuse to make checks, never mind even charge, crafty health visitors who should not be using the NHS, costing us millions of pounds a year.
Finally, I would have a central purchasing of all drugs and hospital goods, putting the buying power on our side rather than the robbing drug companies and other sellers.

There are so many ways to save money in the NHS that are not being utilised - it is so much easier to plead poverty and hold out the begging bowl every year.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top