Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 03:12 PM

Re: Seniors living alone

I have thought about it many a time -what if iam left alone '
it doesnt bother me as such - but being sick does and alone '
I havnt reached that stage yet but i will like everyone else '
dont think I would like to live under the same roof as my sons ' even tho they are wonderful to me ' like my privacy '
but a annex would be great -
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 05:01 PM

Hi

This morning was fine on my own, then my back seized, terrible pain and unable to move far.

I cannot even lift a kettle and ten minutes to get off the sofa.

It is times like this that I notice things.
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 05:59 PM

I became a widower last year and life changed totally and really has never recovered. How I survived the "widowhood effect" period is still a blur, I was still in the world but not in the world. Life without life was how I felt and how the days dragged on, my mind full of joining my wife. The problem mainly was how to make the journey from this life to that and the effects left behind.
Still, not a lot has changed which is why I looked in here, even this is difficult as I was never a social person, just that my life always revolved around my wife which perhaps was not a good way to live looking back.
In some ways, I feel saved by the Jehova Witnesses, not my thing at all in the past but at least company at times. Then I feel guilty as I do not believe any Jehova nonsense and feel guilty about that.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by DaveyJ ->
I became a widower last year and life changed totally and really has never recovered. How I survived the "widowhood effect" period is still a blur, I was still in the world but not in the world. Life without life was how I felt and how the days dragged on, my mind full of joining my wife. The problem mainly was how to make the journey from this life to that and the effects left behind.
Still, not a lot has changed which is why I looked in here, even this is difficult as I was never a social person, just that my life always revolved around my wife which perhaps was not a good way to live looking back.
In some ways, I feel saved by the Jehova Witnesses, not my thing at all in the past but at least company at times. Then I feel guilty as I do not believe any Jehova nonsense and feel guilty about that.
Be gentle with yourself Davey you are grieving .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-01-2019, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
You are a content man Tachyon.
Yes, I'm very lucky in that regard. I'm very self-sufficient, don't really get bored and really, having a partner is superfluous now. There's nothing I want or need from one.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 01:45 AM

What a beautiful face on that dog. Gorgeous. I don't see any body hahah.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 05:37 AM

Are you a senior living alone? Do you enjoy your single life or would you rather be married again, or live common law?

What do you do for excitement since you live alone and don't have to live up to anyone's expectations.

What about if you are sick, are you glad you are alone because you don't have to make meals or do anything except concentrate on healing.....
I have lived alone since my kids left home and I love every minute of it. I am alone but not lonely.

Plenty to do, places to go, friends to visit, friends visit me etc

Wouldn't have it any other way. I hope it can continue long into the future.

The only blot on the horizon at the moment is that I feel another back operation coming on - all is well at the moment but I am getting more back pain and slight intermittent sciatica. Oh well, I suppose I can always go and be a burden on the kids for a while.
DaveyJ
South Coast England
DaveyJ is male  DaveyJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2019, 12:44 PM

What a beautiful face on that dog. Gorgeous. I don't see any body hahah.
Thank you for your lovely reply wild blueberry which I did manage to read before it seems to have disappeared, perhaps due to an internal fault. It was much appreciated and I hope that your day is good.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2019, 12:23 PM

I am 65 and have only been alone since the death of my long term partner Edith last August.
Edith's son has proved to be an extremely unpleasant person since her death being very difficult with her estate which has meant a court case next month which really should not be necessary but there you are.

Practically it is not really an issue until one becomes ill which I have on two occasions this year which required a short stay in hospital. I have a cat who is wary of other people and an extraordinary fussy eater so that is a major issue for me.

I don't have many friends, one hand is all you need to count them and no family.

Once the warmer weather arrives I shall have start thinking about meeting other folks but where i have no idea. I think a thread on this later might be helpful.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2019, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
I am 65 and have only been alone since the death of my long term partner Edith last August.
Edith's son has proved to be an extremely unpleasant person since her death being very difficult with her estate which has meant a court case next month which really should not be necessary but there you are.

Practically it is not really an issue until one becomes ill which I have on two occasions this year which required a short stay in hospital. I have a cat who is wary of other people and an extraordinary fussy eater so that is a major issue for me.

I don't have many friends, one hand is all you need to count them and no family.

Once the warmer weather arrives I shall have start thinking about meeting other folks but where i have no idea. I think a thread on this later might be helpful.
My neighbour is 92, walks with crutches, has to use a stair lift to go to bed . He's been alone for 5, or more, years.

His house was going into disrepair, he was eating Sainsbury's delivered meals mostly, he paid a gardener to try to keep the garden tidy.

Underneath all that he was fiercely independent.

I talked to him, on the doorstep, when he managed to get to the door. He looked "done for"!

However, his daughter recently visited, from somewhere right around the M25, and persuaded him, at last, to go into a care home.

He's been there about a month and his daughter called by to say that he's doing really well. He has friends again, they do quiz nights, parties, fun stuff, and he has lost weight and regained his fun personality.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top