Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 01:35 PM

Rotten Yahoo Customer Service

How on earth people supposed to get in touch with Yahoo? My husband died in January and I can't get into his email account to deal with clients and access the documents or to let them know what has happened.

I've tried the various links (and what a rigmarole that is) and sent to emails but they have not answered.

How am I supposed to deal with this stuff when Yahoo have such a terrible customer support service.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Re: Rotten Yahoo Customer Service

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
How on earth people supposed to get in touch with Yahoo? My husband died in January and I can't get into his email account to deal with clients and access the documents or to let them know what has happened.

I've tried the various links (and what a rigmarole that is) and sent to emails but they have not answered.

How am I supposed to deal with this stuff when Yahoo have such a terrible customer support service.
It's the same with a lot of these very large internet companies, the booky face thing is even worse, they'll keep bombarding you with e-mails saying "Do you know so and so" long after you're dead, it's irresponsible, irreverant, and down right rude, but Zuckderberg and the people who run the company don't care, all they care about is keeping a fictissous (Sp?) list of customers, obviously the larger the list the more they can charge for advertising, and thus the more mega bucks they can make.

As you say you can't write a conventional letter 'cos they never give out a physical address
You can't phone them 'cos they don't give any telephone numbers
They ignore e-mails

The only thing I can suggest is if you do a google search on Yahoo Inc. and find something marked 'Investors' and click on that you might (if you're lucky) get a list of board members and even a global HQ address, then you can write to them (ALL of them) with a nasty, rude letter in return

But I have a vague recollection that Yahoo sold out to someone recently, maybe Microsoft or whatever so you may find you're 'searching' for a long time
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 07:12 PM

Many thanks Losos, I will try your suggestions - it's worrying because if their businesses suffer because I can't access the emails, they could sue me for loss of business and/or any costs. I did find a number but it charges at 14p per minute and you can guarantee there'll be a good 10 minutes of drivel before you even get anywhere. I will carry on searching starting with your suggestions.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 08:38 PM

What windows is the pc running on that your husband would have used the email facility on?
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 09:21 PM

I am assuming that you know what his email address is?

You may have already tried the following?

Go to yahoo.co --- or yahoo.com and try to log on to his address.

when you reach the stage for the password just click

I forgot my yahoo ID?

They will probably ask you the following questions?

Alternate email address?
Birthday?
Country of residence?
Postcode?

If you are able to answer the questions correctly they will send out a new password.

(Also check places where this information might be recorded or hidden)?
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cassie ->
What windows is the pc running on that your husband would have used the email facility on?
Windows 7
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by Michael ->
I am assuming that you know what his email address is?

You may have already tried the following?

Go to yahoo.co --- or yahoo.com and try to log on to his address.

when you reach the stage for the password just click

I forgot my yahoo ID?

They will probably ask you the following questions?

Alternate email address?
Birthday?
Country of residence?
Postcode?

If you are able to answer the questions correctly they will send out a new password.

(Also check places where this information might be recorded or hidden)?
Many thanks Michael - I'll give that a go. Following Losos' advice, I tracked down an address for Yahoo in London and I have written telling them how awful I think their customer service is. Given the number of threads I've seen on this subject on other sites, I'm tempted to put that address up all over the place!
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 02:18 PM

Yahoo! UK & Ireland Information Centre

uk.docs.yahoo.com/codeofpractise.html

Jump to How to contact us‎: Our company address and other contact details are as follows: Yahoo! UK Ltd 125 Shaftesbury Avenue London WC2H 8AD ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

09-03-2013, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by doctor ->
Yahoo! UK & Ireland Information Centre

uk.docs.yahoo.com/codeofpractise.html

Jump to How to contact us‎: Our company address and other contact details are as follows: Yahoo! UK Ltd 125 Shaftesbury Avenue London WC2H 8AD ...
That's the one I've written to doctor - took some finding, they don't make it easy do they! Many thanks for posting it though, it's appreciated.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2013, 02:34 PM

hi,
if you type uk.docs.yahoo.com/codeofpractise.html
in your search engine,it gives pages of addys at yahoo for all types of probs and email addys.

good luck

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top