Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marytx
New Member!
texas
marytx is female 

30-08-2014, 12:08 AM

Bad abdominal pains

Hello

Lately I have been getting these really bad abdominal pains in the upper right part of my stomach. The pain also goes to my shoulder blades. Has anyone else had this before, or know what this could be?

Thank you

Mary
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 12:20 AM

Re: Bad abdominal pains

Welcome to our forum Mary ,ive not had any experience of such pain,,so im not much help ,if it was me though and it was worrying id see my Dr..
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by marytx ->
Hello

Lately I have been getting these really bad abdominal pains in the upper right part of my stomach. The pain also goes to my shoulder blades. Has anyone else had this before, or know what this could be?

Thank you

Mary
I may be wrong Mary but I would assume stomach pain cannot be related to your shoulder, any pain is best discussed with your GP to put your mind at rest
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by marytx ->
Hello

Lately I have been getting these really bad abdominal pains in the upper right part of my stomach.

Mary
The pain could be anything to do with the bowel as the upper bowel is situated in the upper right part of stomach.

Best get to doctors ASAP.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 08:54 AM

Could be IBS Mary
Best to get it checked gal and welcome to you x
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I may be wrong Mary but I would assume stomach pain cannot be related to your shoulder, any pain is best discussed with your GP to put your mind at rest
There is something called 'referred pain' where the pain in one part of the body can be felt in another.

A classic example of this is problems with the gallbladder and pancreas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 09:31 AM

Hello Mary have you seen your Dr?
If not is is important you get the pain checked out.
Try to note if the pain is made worse by eating any particular food or if there is any other thing that influences it like time of day or movement.

The symptoms you describe could be caused by a number of medical conditions including problems with the gallbladder which I have experienced. I had pain in the upper right abdomen under my ribs which extended up into my shoulder. I also felt very nauseous.

If possible I would try to avoid eating sugary or fatty foods and certainly no alcohol until you get this checked out.

I hope you feel better soon
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
There is something called 'referred pain' where the pain in one part of the body can be felt in another.

A classic example of this is problems with the gallbladder and pancreas.
I know about referred pain, I just didn't see how it could be the case in this instance, the stomach and the shoulder blades aren't linked so I doubt the pain could travel as the stomach is contained, in the case of the gallbladder and pancreas,they and the stomach are linked because they're all digestive organs in the same area
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2014, 01:44 PM

Abdominal pain can be many things. as there are many organs in the abdominal area.... referred pain is a common association with many types of pain.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire

30-08-2014, 01:47 PM

have you known shoulder pain to be related to the abdo area Pats?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top