Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Re: H. Pylori Bacteria

Add Turmeric to the list Linda - this is a good read: http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...c-and-licorice
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Please be wary of online medical advice. The suggested liquorice, for instance, interacts with a huge number of common medications so should not be tried without consultation with your doctor first. While it seems a good idea to share experiences of such things, they are just that and each of us has our own individual circumstances which may not be comparable.
I know and I appreciate that. I always ask my doctor before I go and do something that could possibly interfere with any medications she may prescribe me

No, it certainly doesn't HAVE to mean H. Pylori is present.
I'm hoping not. But I'll find out soon enough, I'm being retested next Thursday, which is something my doc wanted me to do anyway. I'm going to wait to see if the bacteria is still there before I do anything.

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Add Turmeric to the list Linda - this is a good read: http://www.life-enhancement.com/maga...c-and-licorice
Thanks
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 07:49 PM

I would add that it's a bet that you'll have an acid suppressant subscribed eventually. I felt awful when I was told I had h pylori, but felt better after the meds. Eventually my stomach still felt irritated and I now take Lansoprazole. I'm convinced tummy and digestive troubles are the sign of the times and our diet.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
I would add that it's a bet that you'll have an acid suppressant subscribed eventually. I felt awful when I was told I had h pylori, but felt better after the meds. Eventually my stomach still felt irritated and I now take Lansoprazole. I'm convinced tummy and digestive troubles are the sign of the times and our diet.
That I won't argue with. I also suffer from anxiety disorder, so I know all too well how the world can drive one crazy.

I'm curious, you said even after the meds you still have occasional stomach irritation? Am I getting that straight? I'm wondering if you were retested to see if the bacteria were killed and what the results were. I'm not clear on whether or not you're positive the h. pylori was eradicated.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
That I won't argue with. I also suffer from anxiety disorder, so I know all too well how the world can drive one crazy.

I'm curious, you said even after the meds you still have occasional stomach irritation? Am I getting that straight? I'm wondering if you were retested to see if the bacteria were killed and what the results were. I'm not clear on whether or not you're positive the h. pylori was eradicated.
Linda yes i was retested and it was negative. I eventually started having an irritated stomach yet again, had another test which was negative, and had a scope. It showed I had bile reflux. I felt rotten at that time. I was prescribed Maalox, then lansoprzole. The lansoprazole has made me feel much better, thankfully.

They say the stomach is the most sensitive part of the body and I agree. It's a horrible feeling when you are out of sorts with tummy problems. It affects so many things.
Linda0818
USA

02-09-2014, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
Linda yes i was retested and it was negative. I eventually started having an irritated stomach yet again, had another test which was negative, and had a scope. It showed I had bile reflux. I felt rotten at that time. I was prescribed Maalox, then lansoprzole. The lansoprazole has made me feel much better, thankfully.

They say the stomach is the most sensitive part of the body and I agree. It's a horrible feeling when you are out of sorts with tummy problems. It affects so many things.
Thank you for your answer. I ask because I'm really hoping that even though my stomach irritation is back, the bacteria isn't still there.

Bile reflux doesn't sound fun. I wonder if I may have something similar as - not to put too fine a point on it and get all gross, but - I sometimes have yellow stools. Usually just once a month. Sometimes bright yellow. And that has started just within the last 3 months.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2014, 02:26 PM

Please be wary of online medical advice. The suggested liquorice, for instance, interacts with a huge number of common medications so should not be tried without consultation with your doctor first. While it seems a good idea to share experiences of such things, they are just that and each of us has our own individual circumstances which may not be comparable.
Well said orangutan.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

03-09-2014, 08:09 PM

I would never bother trying anything people suggested. It might work for them, but not me. The doc is the best person to find the right meds for you. Even if it takes a bit of time, it'll be worth it in the end. Nothing worse than feeling under the weather.
Linda0818
USA

03-09-2014, 08:58 PM

And that's why I'm going to the doctor next Thursday

But I still like reading about suggestions, whether I actually use them or not. I find a lot of that stuff interesting.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top