Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 10:46 AM

Re: snacking

All of the dieticians seem to recommend 'little and often' whether the diet be for weight loss or increase or just to be healthy .... does 'little and often' mean snacking? I am all for it
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 11:35 AM

I believe that little and often means five small meals a day as opposed to three. Apparently it speeds your metabolism.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 07:19 PM

My diet is to have three meals a day and no snacking other than unlimited fruit and veg - so an apple, or stick of celery etc if necessary. Then progress to carbs only in two meals, then tackle the issue of portion sizes. None of this should be considered a diet, so no rewards if you do well!! It's a voluntary programme to reduce weight.
Finally, progress to 500 calories on two days a week........
and hope that finally works!!!
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 07:39 PM

Hi Lindyloo, I have done 800 clals a day but 500?! Seems very few, you'll be on the floor!!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2014, 10:09 PM

A reduction down to 800 is good too. It's supposed to jolt the body into using fat reserves! That's the theory anyway.

I'd just like to loose a good few pounds before going on holiday............as I expect I'll put on a few pounds.
Adriana Lindsey
New Member!
USA
Adriana Lindsey is female 

27-09-2014, 06:23 AM

In my opinion Protein snacks are the perfect way to fill up just enough, and give us longer-lasting energy than the usual, carb-heavy options.My favorite snack is Vegie lavash spirals. You can make this by Spreading cheese and chives dip over bread and Sprinkle carrot, alfalfa and broccoli sprouts.Starting from one narrow end, roll up firmly to form a log.Cut each roll crossways into 4 portions and serve. You will like this. Ingredients we need for this are 150g (1/2 cup) cheese and chives dip ,2 pieces wholemeal lavash bread, 1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated and 60g (1 cup) alfalfa and broccoli sprouts. Also I normally have greek yogurt, apple with peanut butter, Tuna devilled eggs Almonds,a Chomps Stick which is grass fed beef stick. You can check nutrition information here http://www.gochomps.com/. Looking for more ideas, please share if anyone finds more snack ideas.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2014, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
I'm rather proud of the fact that I've lost 10lb this summer. I suppose it'll go back on when the cold weather sets in and I start eating more stodge.

Well done you.

Try not to fall in to the 'stodge' trap.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top