Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:02 PM

I'm not weeeeeellllllll!!!

Coping with a raft of issues here, hence why I've not been on the site. Suffered an injury in my back last Saturday (sure I've torn a muscle) hauling compost about, then at the beginning of this week started belching badly, feeling sick, and had no appetite.

Managed to see a GP (never been to see her before, new this year) this morning at the emergency clinic. First off, she thinks the iron tablets have caused much of the problem, so she's given me anti sickness tablets and swapped my Lansoprazole for Omezeprole. She's ordered a blood test, for bone, C125 and amylase, and then I have a routine appt on the 30th. I asked if I could have the camera checking my stomach, because of taking so many drugs these past few months, and she's agreed it could be worth checking out.

I also have a bit of the runs.

Still can't manage more than a few mouthfuls of food or even any drink. Have had to cancel weekend arrangements and quite possibly lunch with a friend Monday.

I veer from bed, to my chair, back to bed, walking about...back to the chair, back to bed. Honestly, I feel wrecked! Tried a hot water bottle earlier, on my tum then on my back.

Sleep? Hardly any for 4 nights.

So, signing off, and don't expect much of me in the next few days. I'm hiding away under the duvet.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:17 PM

Re: I'm not weeeeeellllllll!!!

Oh jazzi I am so sorry to hear that you are not well. Please keep coming on the forum to let us know how you are.

Sending you lots of love xx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:21 PM

So sorry to hear you're not feeling at all well Jazzi

Try to get as much rest as possible, make sure you are having fluids especially if you are suffering with diarrhoea as you could get dehydrated.

Is there anyone you could contact to call in and check on you?

I sincerely hope you'll start to feel better very soon *hugs*...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 09:50 PM

Oh dear Jazzi and it was your birthday too, not good! Snuggle under your duvet and rest even if you can't sleep. Sending huggles...
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:00 PM

So sorry to hear of your illnesses.... rest as much as you can, and I'm sure you will get better soon...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:38 PM

Aw Janet it sounds as though your are having a really rough time I do hope you feel better soon.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:48 PM

*hugs* Jazzi, hope you're feeling better soon
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 10:49 PM

get well soon.......Hx
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 11:14 PM

Thanks folks. Oh, one blood test is CA125, not as stated. It's to check for ovarian cancer, of all things!!

Just got up to take some paracetamol: I've had to give in.

Mags, no not really! I just have to ride this out alone, as I've had to do with all my other problems in the past. No-one can do anything for me, unless they can rid me of the pain.

My Mum's cousin rang earlier and all she kept going on about was Complan. I said I'd bought some yesterday but only managed one sachet. Keep trying to have some, she persisted. Then when I told her of the anti sickness tablets, she asked, have you got some to take?

Anyone watching my end of the phone conversation would have seen me clenching a fist in frustration! Mum always said she was difficult, and now I've inherited her, though she means well.

I found myself agreeing to everything she said, rather than try to argue.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2014, 11:35 PM

sometimes it's the best way, you can get tired trying to make your point even though it can be frustrating

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top