Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:23 PM

Re: The Common Cold.

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Not had a cold for years, do they become less as we get older? I used to get loads and always invested in night nurse and a big box of soft tissues!
'So far' gal
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
'So far' gal
Don't you 'jinx' me, Patsy!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:32 PM

Not had a cold for years, do they become less as we get older? I used to get loads and always invested in night nurse and a big box of soft tissues!
Jennifer I think what happens is over the years we 'meet' lots of cold viruses and build up a natural immunity .
When I was working and mixing with lots of people from all over the world I barely had a cold in 15 years.

Once I retired 6 years ago and met very few people I started getting colds so guess my immunity had waned.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:44 PM

There must be something that changes, I used to have some really bad ones, streaming eyes and nose, chesty and seemed to last forever. The last cold I had was about 7 years ago, I still work part time - perhaps I should keep it that way! I really don't miss them!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 05:47 PM

Don't you 'jinx' me, Patsy!!
Is that a 'ghost' in your avatar .......
cranberry
Notts, UK

16-09-2014, 06:28 PM

A ghost?! lol that's the grandson hiding, he's waiting for me to come in and find him - little did he know I'd sneaked in and was on the other side of him taking this picture!! So funny.....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2014, 06:32 PM

A ghost?! lol that's the grandson hiding, he's waiting for me to come in and find him - little did he know I'd sneaked in and was on the other side of him taking this picture!! So funny.....
FAB !!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Well I think we should be getting immuned after being among coughing and sneezing for all our years
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:22 PM

When I used to ask my grandmother what was the best thing for a cold she used to say “Keep it until it gets better” Looks like she was right all along.
I never take anything from the chemists, just whiskey, lemon and cloves all brought to a slow boil then sipped as hot as you can bear it and off to bed with me, works for me.
Celyn
Hampshire
Celyn is female  Celyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:27 PM

I just ride them out, and treat any residual after effects.

I have not had a cold for years. Many older people find this because, although there are dozens of cold viruses, by the time you get older you have worked through a lot of them and become immune.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top