Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 11:34 PM

Have you ever been hypnotised?

I have - about five years ago.

I was going through a worrying time - my mind was all over the place - I couldn't sleep or concentrate on anything. I thought a hypnotist might help me sleep better - feel calmer..

I was surprised how quickly I 'went under' I was sitting on a wicker chair and he was talking to me and the next minute I felt my head fall to one side. I was gone!!
Half way through the session I woke up & started crying - he told me to go back to sleep & I did.
It's an amazing experience - I didn't really think I could be put under like that!

Having said that - It only helped me a little bit - not as much as I'd hoped it would.

Have you ever been hypnotised and did it help you?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:08 AM

Re: Have you ever been hypnotised?

I haven't but one of my daughter's was once, I watched it was good and solved her problem!
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:52 AM

I had the same sleep problem as you Carol so I went to a hypnotist but I didn't go to sleep. I was aware of everything he was saying and must say his voice wasn't soothing enough. He said......"Imagine you are on the top floor of a shop and it is full and you are being pushed and shoved.....then you walk slowly down to the next floor and it wasn't so busy. Then the next etc. I tried so hard to relax, but it didn't solve my problem
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 06:12 AM

I tried it to help me stop smoking but I didn't go under, so it didn't work for me.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Having said that - It only helped me a little bit - not as much as I'd hoped it would.

Have you ever been hypnotised and did it help you?
I have never been hypnotised but I leaned how to perform hypnotherapy in the 70s and I used to be able to hypnotise people fairly easily. It is not hard, the hardest part is to analyse what method will work for a particular person because as some of you have discovered it is not one size fits all.

As it happens I still have the notes and books but I haven't tried it since the early 80s; I have my doubts about its effectiveness as a therapy (though not as big doubts as I have about colour and aroma therapy).
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 11:54 AM

I've never had it done to me, I have a feeling I am one of those it wouldn't work on, but you never know until you try.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 12:47 PM

Have you ever been hypnotised?

Only by me Hubs - he's hypnotic you know .........
Enfys
South Wales
Enfys is female  Enfys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 01:56 PM

I volunteered to have past life regression once for a hypnosis clinic.Found it very interesting.Never had hypnosis to "cure" anything.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2014, 09:30 PM

I'd love that! I'd be a bit worried though in case I couldn't get back to this one, on the other hand, it depends who I was before ...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Enfys ->
I volunteered to have past life regression once for a hypnosis clinic.Found it very interesting.Never had hypnosis to "cure" anything.

I did that once too Enfys.
I don't know if I was sufficiently 'under' or not because I can still remember bits of it. I lived in a castle somewhere by a beach. My parents were lowly folk who worked there. I remember spying through a crack in an old wooden door on the wealthy guests at banquets, and also walking along the sand with my parents. We were very poor.
Strange isn't it.
I'd never let these stage hypnotists mess about with me just to amuse their audiences though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top