Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:54 PM

Drug Companies

Did anyone see this in the papers today?

"Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline was yesterday fined a record £297 million in China over a cynical bid to bribe doctors into prescribing its drugs.
The British company's boss there, Mark Reilly, was also handed a three-year suspended prison sentence and will be kicked out of the Far East country.
He was accused of overseeing a "criminal godfather" scheme to target Chinese medics with hundreds of millions of pounds in cash and even sexual favours.
GSK, the UK's largest pharmaceutical company, apologised for the controversy. The firm was alleged to have used a network of more than 700 middlemen and travel agencies to bribe clinicians.
The worst scandal in Glaxo's history came to light when a sex tape of Mr. Reilly, who is still employed by GSK, and his girlfriend was emailed to bosses, including chief executive Sir Andrew Witty.
Along with the footage were detailed allegations of sales and marketing practices".

Many questions come to my mind here, but firstly, why is that man still working for Glaxo?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 10:56 PM

Re: Drug Companies

it's been going on for years in the NHS, that's what drug reps do
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2014, 11:05 PM

Made me wonder if that is why a couple of times I have had serious drugs foisted upon me without even doing any tests to prove the diagnosis first!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2014, 04:21 AM

I know it`s late and yes I have had a drink(woke and thought a scotch to Jen)

My experience was one of total corruption. I had tested something hundreds of times, but then my supervisor,now a Proff. Prefered the results of this bloke who used 3 rats,and his timing was out as he was screwing around whilst married.

Did it matter? It interested the drug company.

That was another life-but I still remember
2wheeler
Lincolnshire
2wheeler is male  2wheeler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 09:13 AM

I asked my pharmacist about counterfeit prescription drugs, and whether he would be aware of them - and he said "No"! So you never know what you're getting anyway. Good health! Keep taking the placebos...
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Made me wonder if that is why a couple of times I have had serious drugs foisted upon me without even doing any tests to prove the diagnosis first!
Maybe !!! ........ and the drugs may then cause problems which need more drugs to sort them out
These companies are playing with our lives....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top