Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 11:12 AM

Re: How old do you feel, both mentally and physically?

Oh mentally I feel like a Teenager, I've still got what it takes, but physically I'm like a 70 year old with leg, toe and back problems. I still manage to chase the Cat around the house though, but she always beats me.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 07:04 PM

Mentally I feel that I am still in my thirties...physically I am fit due to exercise and healthy eating.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2014, 09:33 PM

I feel the age that I am to be honest, I always have because really there is no blue print for how you feel at a given age, some people are fit and well at a young age some at a much older age, some very unwell or unfit at a young age etc.
I don't feel the same as I did in my 20'a or 30's as my outlook has changed, the added years give a different perspective.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 06:51 PM

Physically I feel 20 years older (the age my Mum was when she died). She was in a lot of pain, stiff and struggling to walk. I try to be a bit more active but most of the time my body won't let me.

Mentally I would say, my own age. I do feel more lucky than some of my peers who, for example, are computer illiterate. And there's me running PC classes! And I love it.

But also I can have some old fashioned views that reflect my age (62).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Physically I feel 20 years older (the age my Mum was when she died). She was in a lot of pain, stiff and struggling to walk. I try to be a bit more active but most of the time my body won't let me.

Mentally I would say, my own age. I do feel more lucky than some of my peers who, for example, are computer illiterate. And there's me running PC classes! And I love it.

But also I can have some old fashioned views that reflect my age (62).

Nowt wrong with old fashioned views or should I say - values .........
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 11:51 AM

I've aged rapidly in the last 6 years, both in body and in mind. My mind went first, as I was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and the anxiety over the last few years has pretty much turned to depression. So I think that affects your physical health as well because I haven't felt physically well in some time now. In fact I can't even remember what it feels like to feel GOOD.

Add to that the joint pain I live with every day. Some days I'm hobbling around like I'm 90.

Now I know why old people are so damn grumpy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
I've aged rapidly in the last 6 years, both in body and in mind. My mind went first, as I was diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and the anxiety over the last few years has pretty much turned to depression. So I think that affects your physical health as well because I haven't felt physically well in some time now. In fact I can't even remember what it feels like to feel GOOD.

Add to that the joint pain I live with every day. Some days I'm hobbling around like I'm 90.

Now I know why old people are so damn grumpy.
Hi Linda - We are in the same boat, some days when I feel down, I look for a distraction, this forum, music - otherwise I will go down further and I want to avoid that. Hope you find something to cheer and distract you xx
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Hi Linda - We are in the same boat, some days when I feel down, I look for a distraction, this forum, music - otherwise I will go down further and I want to avoid that. Hope you find something to cheer and distract you xx
I do have some good days, but they are few and far between. I try and distract myself and that sometimes helps mentally, but it doesn't get rid of the physical pain. My doctor said a lot of it is probably due to me entering the "pre" menopausal stages of life.

Humbug
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-10-2014, 01:20 PM

Yep - I think your doctor is right
I have spent years trying different things for the pain, as I'd rather not take too many painkillers. A couple of things work, for a short time, as painkillers do .....
There are many creams for arthritic pain, if in the fingers - hand, the fingerless gloves eases the pain there. I also use a pain pen from Amazon site .... Hope you find something to at least ease the symptoms x
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 03:56 PM

I know what Linda means. The physical pain that just won't go and wears you down.

I too don't remember what it felt like to feel good or well.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top