Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 05:22 PM

Re: How old do you feel, both mentally and physically?

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yep - I think your doctor is right
I have spent years trying different things for the pain, as I'd rather not take too many painkillers. A couple of things work, for a short time, as painkillers do .....
There are many creams for arthritic pain, if in the fingers - hand, the fingerless gloves eases the pain there. I also use a pain pen from Amazon site .... Hope you find something to at least ease the symptoms x
Not much will do it, I'm afraid. My doctor wrote me a script for meloxicam (essentially a 'souped up' aspirin) but it didn't do anything. Yesterday I went to the grocery. It was a big trip, I needed a lot of stuff, and about halfway through my shopping trip my feet and my ankle started hurting and I hobbled my way around the store the rest of the time I was there. It's so annoying.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I know what Linda means. The physical pain that just won't go and wears you down.

I too don't remember what it felt like to feel good or well.
I'm sorry to hear that, but I know how you feel. I felt so much better at 40. And I remember when I turned 40, I wasn't happy about it. But I said to myself, "Hey, don't knock it, when you're 50 you're going to wish you were 40 again."

I was right.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Linda0818 ->
Not much will do it, I'm afraid. My doctor wrote me a script for meloxicam (essentially a 'souped up' aspirin) but it didn't do anything. Yesterday I went to the grocery. It was a big trip, I needed a lot of stuff, and about halfway through my shopping trip my feet and my ankle started hurting and I hobbled my way around the store the rest of the time I was there. It's so annoying.

I'm sorry to hear that, but I know how you feel. I felt so much better at 40. And I remember when I turned 40, I wasn't happy about it. But I said to myself, "Hey, don't knock it, when you're 50 you're going to wish you were 40 again."

I was right.
I go through it myself, I'm stuck in this flat because of pain, but I wont give into it or give up - you are spiralling into depression which I fight, I don't want to go there, its 'not' easy at times but please try .........xx
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 05:33 PM

I go through it myself, I'm stuck in this flat because of pain, but I wont give into it or give up - you are spiralling into depression which I fight, I don't want to go there, its 'not' easy at times but please try .........xx
Well, there's one thing that keeps me going and that's my son. He's my baby. Even though he's not a baby anymore, he's 15. And I love that kid more than life itself.

He's my inspiration
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:35 PM

So pleased to hear that Linda - keep going gal x
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 06:58 PM

I'm very young minded and am young on the inside, but not on the outside!! Although I'm always getting told I don't look my age. I have aches and pains now and again - a medical friend once told me you can't expect to get to 50 and be in tip top health everywhere in your body, which I agree with. I like being young minded as it makes me have a great relationship with my sons. I haven't forgotten what it was like to be young and I've told them anything they've done then I did it before them . They loved the fact I had a tattoo and got a nose piercing and are very proud of me. You can't stop the ageing process, but just don't be an old fuddy duddy before your time. You don't have to be in this day and age.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2014, 07:10 PM

I think it's fairly common for people to still feel they are mid thirties to early forties as that's how I feel, mentally.

I think by 40 I was becoming more settled and actually buying a house but I was single again and trying to work out what I wanted to do with my life.

Physically it's a different story now.

I have a number of problems now that are all age-related but I also find I tire quicker than I used to do but then I am at times still doing quite a heavy day's work for a 63-year-old.

That's what bugs me the most now though; I can work harder than some people half my age but sit me down in a comfy chair in front of the TV in a warm room in the early evening and Ill nod-off!! stevmk2
Linda0818
USA

01-10-2014, 07:15 PM

So pleased to hear that Linda - keep going gal x
Thank you, Patsy, you too

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top