Join for free
Page 137 of 1676 « First < 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 637 1137 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 10:58 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Someone was talking about taking their bra off without removing any other cloths in the process on another thread. I used to be able to do that with my underpants, get out of them without taking any other clothes off, I tried it again last week and the wife said it was like looking at a big grey Rat struggling to get out of a sack.
you need to get a second day job! so that's what ya wife thinks of ya great jobbie?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-11-2016, 11:23 PM

There are parts of the Human Anatomy that should not be Espied, even in a marital context, what Sack were you talking of Jem?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 12:02 AM

Brandish your Tomahawk, but as you dance, do not focus on the foot of the Scrotum Pole.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Brandish your Tomahawk, but as you dance, do not focus on the foot of the Scrotum Pole.
I once purchased a rather unique tobacco pouch - the scrotum of a large kanga - it only hurt when I pulled the cords together!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 02:06 PM

Spitty it was one of those old light brown rough sacks the coal men used to bring the coal in, some coal men used to have an empty one slung over their shoulders. you can’t get them now, todays coal bags are plastic, so’s the whole world now—plastic.
We used to keep our marbles in our pockets, except for two steel ones I had, I kept them in a special little corduroy bag so they could keep their shine and wouldn’t get damaged, steelies we called them and very accurate in the right hands.

Tom O’Hawk is an Irish American cousin of mine, as is Rick O’Shea.

The young pregnant squaw entered her father’s tepee and said “How” Daddy said “I know how, but I want to know who”
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 03:03 PM

RETENTION.
Did your primary teacher ever give you a word & then asked pupils to extract as many words as they can using only those letters. or one word as in this case

Reticent

I toyed with retention and all that, but it set a wrong tone, as did restricted, retracted, rectum, renewed.
here is what ................
drat this copy and paste function.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:09 PM

Back in those barefoot days RJ we had little to toy with but words (sob, sob, sob) One year Santa brought me a word to play with, the word was written on a piece of brown paper placed in my toeless stocking, the word was “Sorry”, how I cherished that word and played with it for hours.
After a lot of practice I managed to make a new word from ‘Sorry’, it was ‘Yorrs’ I decided to write it on a piece of paper and place it in my Christmas stocking on Christmas eve, “Dear Santa, one word borrows another so “Up Yorrs”

Terrible I know but it’s original, so bad you could perhaps call it an original sin, a sin against originality.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 11:23 PM

Dear Jem,
I hope you’ll forgive my informality. I felt that that your last post was a display of such precision with your choice of words that I’d try to keep up, warmly.

There, I ‘vet said it now I can concentrate on the matter in hand, which brings me to recall the STATION HOTEL, long since demolished to make way for Nelson Gate, B&Q former head office complex, 14 floors of brightly lit offices consuming electrical units scandalously for 24/7. I doubt anyone knows how to turn them off.
The Station hotel was named after the nearby railway junction & even nearer to the local Theatre, seating 2,400 souls. Visiting celebrity glitterati, the great & the good, captains & kings stayed at the Station Hotel, because it was cheap , cheerful & convenient, a mere 50 yards dash to the stage door.
The proprietor was a larger than life character who was known as Harry the Walrus, which evolved over the years from his great size, thick skin and growling voice. Oh and handlebar moustache, similar to that of a walrus.

A splendid building in its prime, crammed with the cream of original Victorian features, no expense spared. The downstairs loos were a marvel of brass pipes, deeply coloured tiles and magnificent extraordinarily decorative porcelain urinals each with their own stalls for privacy. The cubicles had doors of South American Teak with gold plated escuteons and knobs.
I can only speak for the GENTS, I never visited the LADIES, and no doubt they were of similar opulence.
However the Station hotel GENTS were world famous for the quality & prolific GRAFFITI, covering every inch of the walls, doors windows & ceilings.
The only actual sign was the curiously worded WASH &BRUSH UP only 5 shillings (25p).
Anyway, I haven’t the inclination to list its regulars or give examples of the graffiti, suffice to say the when Bruce Forsythe was staying there in the 1960s a new comment was added.
It was below the “Kilroy was here” (C1940) & above the “Look up, Look up........ Ha ha you’re peeing on your boots” (1920’’s).
Alleged penned by Brucie it went...
ARRANGE these words into a well known phrase or saying>>>>>off & fcuk.
What happened to all the graffiti of barefoot days?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

24-11-2016, 01:53 AM

thank you roberto - your memory serves you well - I first espied the Station Hotel in 1962 as I alighted into what was a changing township. Not sure if it was still open in those days it looked rather dark and dismal on the outside. did the theatre eventually become a cinema?

oh happy day - oh pub crawling days! - the pubs were also ancient and some served the stage coaches from London on their way to Southampton or Portsmouth centuries earlier - long before Brucie boy! to see ya nice!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

24-11-2016, 10:38 AM

Hi Gumbud, I am pleased that pleasant memories were invoked.

The Cinema, as it was in the 1960s was the the GAUMONT.
During the 1960s it was struggling to survive . THere were several attempts by developers to turn it in to a Bingo Hall.
Fortunately some far sighted & Philanthropic local notables formed a TRUST & somehow raised the money needed to buy it for the town (actually CITY by then).
This listed building was refurbished to an extremely high standard in the original Terra Cotta & Turquoise style.

THe "gods", upper, upper balcony, not for the faint hearted was restored. Most importantlyu a theatre director , excellent chap, very well connected was appointed & within a few years , and up until now, the the renamed MAYFLOWER, is extremely successful.

Last year nurse GIllian & I booked there for JERSEY BOYS, JOSEPH, MAMMA MIA et al

Happy Days .

Page 137 of 1676 « First < 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 237 637 1137 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top