Join for free
Page 237 of 1676 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 737 1237 > Last »
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 01:02 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

this is strange your post shows you at sending your message at 4pm saying good morning chums whilst here in oz it is now 8pm on the 20/5/17 - Jem we have a time sequence problem here - can you fix it please?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 03:08 PM

There's something wrong with the timing on this side too Gummy, for example, if I post at 10.30pm an hour later I look and it says 11.30, there's a wandering hour floating about when it comes to the end of the day, who knows it could be the ghostly hour, so I leave well enough alone, you can take it up with the management if it upsets you, I've got bigger fish to fry.

I felt a tingle on me upper lip earlier this morning so I quickly put some TCP on a tissue and rubbed it in, best thing for a cold sore if you catch it quickly enough, I was lucky, it stung for a while but stopped the virus dead in it’s tracks. I believe they call it Herpes 2 or something, coming shortly to a cinema near you “Herpes 3” I really do hate having anything on my lips or in my eyes, there’s nothing as awkward as trying to eat, smoke, or drink with a sore lip.

Talking about lips brought back happy days of when I was a young man, I was a great fan of the Rolling Stones and every Friday in the pub, after a lot of persuasion naturally as I was a shy young man then, I would do my Mick Jagger party piece “It’s all over now”, one didn’t need to be blessed with a good singing voice to do the vocals but it took a little skill to do the strutting around like a Peacock bit when the instrumental part kicked in in the middle of the song. The howls of passion from the females old and young could be heard on the Isle of Man. Eventually I had to pack it in, it was all too much for Phyllis to bear. Had I been as ugly as Mick I could have made a living out it, but love was stronger than the lure of fame and fortune and won out in the end.
When my dear old granny first saw a photograph of Mick Jagger all she said was “God bless him, he’s got lovely lips for cooling soup”
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
this is strange your post shows you at sending your message at 4pm saying good morning chums whilst here in oz it is now 8pm on the 20/5/17 - Jem we have a time sequence problem here - can you fix it please?
Originally Posted by Jem ->
There's something wrong with the timing on this side too Gummy, for example, if I post at 10.30pm an hour later I look and it says 11.30, there's a wandering hour floating about when it comes to the end of the day, who knows it could be the ghostly hour, so I leave well enough alone, you can take it up with the management if it upsets you, I've got bigger fish to fry.

I felt a tingle on me upper lip earlier this morning so I quickly put some TCP on a tissue and rubbed it in, best thing for a cold sore if you catch it quickly enough, I was lucky, it stung for a while but stopped the virus dead in it’s tracks. I believe they call it Herpes 2 or something, coming shortly to a cinema near you “Herpes 3” I really do hate having anything on my lips or in my eyes, there’s nothing as awkward as trying to eat, smoke, or drink with a sore lip.

Talking about lips brought back happy days of when I was a young man, I was a great fan of the Rolling Stones and every Friday in the pub, after a lot of persuasion naturally as I was a shy young man then, I would do my Mick Jagger party piece “It’s all over now”, one didn’t need to be blessed with a good singing voice to do the vocals but it took a little skill to do the strutting around like a Peacock bit when the instrumental part kicked in in the middle of the song. The howls of passion from the females old and young could be heard on the Isle of Man. Eventually I had to pack it in, it was all too much for Phyllis to bear. Had I been as ugly as Mick I could have made a living out it, but love was stronger than the lure of fame and fortune and won out in the end.
When my dear old granny first saw a photograph of Mick Jagger all she said was “God bless him, he’s got lovely lips for cooling soup”
Robert's post was posted at 09:00am today

To check you are in the correct Time Zone, go into your Control Panel.

>>> Settings & Options

>>> Edit Options

Scroll down to Time Zone.

Jem you should have yours set at:

(GMT) Western Europe Time, London, Lisbon, Casablanca

Gummy not sure which area of Australia you are in but you could check you are on the correct Time Zone towards the bottom of the list.

If you need to amend it, remember to click on 'Save Changes' at the bottom of the page.

Hope that will sort things out for you, if not we'll have to pass the problem to Admin
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 05:12 PM

Juno what....no?....well,I'll tell yerz...
Yestiddy was my birthday [19th May]....so,in accordance with The Theory Of General Acceptance,in the nano-second the clock took to move from very-nearly-but-not-quite-midnight,to only-just-after-midnight....I aged a year!!! HTF does that work,then? I may be old 'n' physically knackered on the outside....but on the inside,I'm only just approaching puberty! Wanna play with my conkers???
Robert Jnr.
UK
Robert Jnr. is male  Robert Jnr. has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Juno what....no?....well,I'll tell yerz...
Yestiddy was my birthday [19th May]....so,in accordance with The Theory Of General Acceptance,in the nano-second the clock took to move from very-nearly-but-not-quite-midnight,to only-just-after-midnight....I aged a year!!! HTF does that work,then? I may be old 'n' physically knackered on the outside....but on the inside,I'm only just approaching puberty! Wanna play with my conkers???
Happy birthday PUG. another year gone.

Conkers aaaah so, conkers were banned as a pursuit for lads years ago & to put a final nail in the Horse Chestnut saga, the actual trees are dying from disease.

Sarsons shares have dropped too.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 07:29 PM

Thank you kindly Mags, I'll have a go at that tomorrow.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

20-05-2017, 07:33 PM

First of all a very happy belated birthday Pug dear boy, God you are a dark horse not a mention of it coming around, anyway I knew you were due a birthday sometime this year so I hope you enjoy the chemistry set I sent you, sorry but you’ll notice page 9 is missing from the instruction book as it tells you how to make LSD, not good for little boys, but there’s lots of fun to be had making fizzy drinks and stick bombs.

Seriously I hope you had a great day Pug.

When you reach puberty you want to watch out for a spices called ‘Girls’, they can get you into all sorts of trouble.
I used to think that when one reached puberty it meant you could legally go into a pub and get a pint.
Speaking of which i hadn’t had a pint all day so I’ll be taking the missus out in about an hours time, I'll raise me glass to your health Pug.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 09:59 PM

my time zone has always been correct just checked so something is going wrong at your end and what with all the weather changes and brexit and all those foreigners you keep letting in wiv der own time zones I am not surprised - you are all too cock as they say. B/stoke of course has always had its own time zone that changes automatically at it's own will its in a sort of bermuda triangle! Jem are you sure ya setting yours to northern Ireland not southern and as for Pug in Anglia - no such place exists but have a happy non-existent birthday any old ow!

spitty and his mob speak a foreign language so god knows where their time zone is - incidentally I have a world clock set on my desk top on which I can pick dozens of different clocks around the world - designed by a German so must be accurate if not good and as I type this know it is sat 0.55 pm your time in London and 4.55 am sunday over here - now let's see what comes up and by the way Mags if it is still a mystery as I supervisor I would ask YOU to take it up with management as part of your responsibilities - I thenk you; I thenk you; I thenk you - good morning from OZ Perth time!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
my time zone has always been correct just checked so something is going wrong at your end and what with all the weather changes and brexit and all those foreigners you keep letting in wiv der own time zones I am not surprised - you are all too cock as they say. B/stoke of course has always had its own time zone that changes automatically at it's own will its in a sort of bermuda triangle! Jem are you sure ya setting yours to northern Ireland not southern and as for Pug in Anglia - no such place exists but have a happy non-existent birthday any old ow!

spitty and his mob speak a foreign language so god knows where their time zone is - incidentally I have a world clock set on my desk top on which I can pick dozens of different clocks around the world - designed by a German so must be accurate if not good and as I type this know it is sat 0.55 pm your time in London and 4.55 am sunday over here - now let's see what comes up and by the way Mags if it is still a mystery as I supervisor I would ask YOU to take it up with management as part of your responsibilities - I thenk you; I thenk you; I thenk you - good morning from OZ Perth time!
Your post is showing the correct uk time here, 9.59pm
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

20-05-2017, 10:22 PM

ok yes must have read the uk clock wrong when I posted - I agree now showing 10.19 pm uk clock at this post - yes I think we've solved the damn problem together - thank you supervisor you've done a good job there - you may know join the club - sign her in as an honorary member Jem!

Page 237 of 1676 « First < 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 247 287 337 737 1237 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top