Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:14 PM

Re: Air Pressure Help Please!

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Check to see if there is a tyre pressure sticker on the inside pillar of your driver's door.
Yes, first place I looked.

Actually, I use my car so little these days, I just look at the tyres to see if the shape looks about right!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, first place I looked.

Actually, I use my car so little these days, I just look at the tyres to see if the shape looks about right!
Ha ha, I know what you mean.

One thing that really disappoints me is when I eventually decide to put air in (they must be low by now), I pay the 50p only to find that air comes out.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 06:44 PM

If you ever have to "guess" tyre pressures temporarily, you'll never be far out by using 30psi. Run flats often run a bit higher though, circa 33-36.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 07:12 PM

I've just had a brilliant idea.

Obviously, solid tyres wouldn't be very good, but what about a tyre filled with some sort of foam? They would be impervious to punctures, yet the foam could provide a springy and compressible filling which, if properly designed and made of suitable material, could behave in a similar way to an air-filled tyre.

You'll probably tell me that such things are already available, and I have no hope of becoming rich on the back of my idea!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I've just had a brilliant idea.

Obviously, solid tyres wouldn't be very good, but what about a tyre filled with some sort of foam? They would be impervious to punctures, yet the foam could provide a springy and compressible filling which, if properly designed and made of suitable material, could behave in a similar way to an air-filled tyre.

You'll probably tell me that such things are already available, and I have no hope of becoming rich on the back of my idea!
Not sure about foam filled tyres but of course there is the repair foam which seals the tyre and inflates it enough to get to a garage.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-07-2017, 10:16 PM

No, sadly not my original idea after all!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=fo...VO-h7uf53JOOM:

http://www.gbtyres.net/foam-filled/

Lots of examples, although I haven't read any reviews yet.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:35 AM

I have one of these cheap compressors ($84 - £42) it is pretty good. I got fed up with having to pump up my tyres after riding on dirt roads where you let half the air out so the road didn't shake you to bits.

My son bought a really crap el cheapo one years ago but it took for ever to pump up tyres but this one at 160Litres a minute is OK, though takes a couple of minutes to go from 120kpa to 250kpa.

The advice is basic but important.

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:47 AM

My tyre pressure sticker is on the door pillar but l still don't understand it as there's so many listed!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-07-2017, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My tyre pressure sticker is on the door pillar but l still don't understand it as there's so many listed!
Mine is stuck on sideways which doesn't help.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-07-2017, 10:02 AM

Art

You might find this useful for the future. Just type in your registration and it will give you the tyre pressures. Write down the information given on one of your tyres.

http://www.tyre-pressures.com/

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top