Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:38 PM

Re: Missy in the Hot Seat.

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well keep posting because I think you will fit in well here. Anyway, I like to read your posts!
I agree Twink.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 03:55 PM

Missy, what was the most awkward conversation you've had with someone?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:24 PM

Hi Missy

What has been your favourite age to be during your life.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:34 PM

Missy,have you ever had a operation?

What makes you angry?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 05:39 PM

Hi Missy
If you had £100 to spend on yourself and a day and an evening to yourself what would you spend it on (apart from family) and how would you spend your time
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 06:50 PM

How does Asperger's affect your daily life?
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Missy,have you ever had a operation?

What makes you angry?
Only minor ops, a few gynaecologist problems as I suppose most women who don't have children have

I dunno if its an age thing, but it tends to take me longer to fully recover as I get older

Last GA I had, I fell asleep at the wheel about a week later
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:08 PM

Missy, where do you see yourself in five years time.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2018, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Hi Missy

What has been your favourite age to be during your life.
Now, my 50s

Im at the age where Im beginning to enjoy my life and my skin, warts an all, plus being finically stable enough to not worry

I remember my 20th, I cried, I was no longer a teen

My 30th, I cried, I hadn't achieved what I though I SHOULD have

40th just sailed on by

But my 50th was really a huge mile stone and im really pretty happy being in them
Mel15
Nowhere

12-08-2018, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
How does Asperger's affect your daily life?
Outwardly it doesnt, apart from also having dyspraxia meaning Im also the most uncoordinated person you could wish to meet

I wasn't diagnosed until my 30s. which came as a relief as before I was getting so many different diagnoses, the worse being a personality disorder

Socially, I am a wreck, never know how to behave in social gatherings and usually put my foot in it somewhere along the line because I don't get social niceieties. Or Im so busy trying to keep with it Im sat in silence.

Each year we have a party here at the house and if its just very close friends Im okish Those that know me well and know my foibles. I can keep myself busy being the perfect host. Even my own wedding day I spent it in the kitchen rather then mix with my guests, I even ended up taking the dog for a walk for an hour, and as I say thats with close friends. If I have to go somewhere and meet new people I tend to come over as stand offish as I just don't know how to open a conversation or to keep one going. In work I can go the whole day with not saying a word to anyone other then good morning unless its work related

Using the phone is a nightmare. Yesterday for example my phone rang and it was my sister in law. Now I love my sister in law, I have no reason to avoid her, but it was a call out of the blue, something I wasn't expecting and if I had been alone Id have ignored it. So in a panic I said to Mr Missy here you take it and he said to me bloody answer it and I swear the poor woman must have wondered what she had done to upset me cos all I could keep saying was Im just about to get in the shower so I could get off the phone

Its just really silly things ( to other people) I live life feeling Im a square peg in a round hole

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top