Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:07 AM

Re: Will the Brexit Party win the Peterborough by-election?

Originally Posted by fender ->
This exactly.
I believe that the turnout might have had an effect on the result but the popularity of labour is a thing that can not be ignored.

Peterborough does have a demographic factor in that the electorate are atypical of the leafy suburbs (didn't I put that nicely!) and certainly not of my neck of the woods however Labour is more than likely to form the next government of the UK.

I've already started to safeguard those things that I will need to safeguard though our garden will be hard to move offshore!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->

So much for all the predictions about farridge's brexit party winning the Peterborough by-election!!!
Labour only just won it - with a 31% share of the vote, 10,484, down 17% on the 2017 election.

Thousands of their "supporters" either didn't bother to vote or voted for another party .....
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 10:39 AM

I have no intention of moving offshore, just those things that are mine and that I can safeguard by so doing.

Actually I've only just received a brochure giving details of how real estate can be protected by taking advantage of existing legislation.

There's absolutely no way that will risk having that which I have earned or acquired taken by a bunch of low brow low lifes.

It ain't gonna happen and now is the time to set in motion what needs to be done.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Labour only just won it - with a 31% share of the vote, 10,484, down 17% on the 2017 election.

Thousands of their "supporters" either didn't bother to vote or voted for another party .....
lowest majority in history I think.

Like Farage said, vote conservative and get a labour remainer.

Still, I don't see the remainers doing any Dianne Abbott maths this time around, Lib Dems did really badly compared to the Brexit Party.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well the bookies were wrong, Labour held.

I was hoping that both Labour and Tories got a drubbing and be well down the list.
I can't believe that so many people are still voting for Labour, bearing in mind their leaders: Compo, Abbott, Thornberry, etc.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
and the BREXIT party to be intrinsically racist not to mention not being in the country's best interests.
So the Brexit Party is intrinsically racist, is it?

Proof?

And the Brexit Party is not in the country's best interests, despite the majority voting for Brexit?

Proof?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-06-2019, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It was a much lower turnout than in the General Election. down from 67% to below 50%.

If people do not bother to vote, they get what they deserve.

If people fail to vote for the Brexit Party and, as a consequence, the Loonies form the next government, everyone will get what the idiot voters deserve.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-06-2019, 02:48 PM

however Labour is more than likely to form the next government of the UK.
Then, as I have said many times, the country has had it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-06-2019, 02:50 PM

I have no intention of moving offshore, just those things that are mine and that I can safeguard by so doing.

Actually I've only just received a brochure giving details of how real estate can be protected by taking advantage of existing legislation.

There's absolutely no way that will risk having that which I have earned or acquired taken by a bunch of low brow low lifes.

It ain't gonna happen and now is the time to set in motion what needs to be done.
Nearer the next GE, hopefully, the necessary provisions to protect what we have from Commie Compo will be provided.

We're too old to think about emigrating now, but I'm determined to do all I can to keep what we have from his grasping claws.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2019, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Nearer the next GE, hopefully, the necessary provisions to protect what we have from Commie Compo will be provided.

We're too old to think about emigrating now, but I'm determined to do all I can to keep what we have from his grasping claws.
Hi

I have kids, two of them.

Both worked in Finance.

My Son, not now due to his injuries and subsequent Epilepsy.

My daughter is a high earning Tax Accountant, a complete arse, no morals at all.

I will not be paying a penny to Corbyn.

He can get stuffed.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top