Join for free
Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2020, 09:53 PM

Re: Shopping today.

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Encouraging to know that your fish will be fed and brightly decorated.

I paint them every Spring to look like Koi and impress the neighbours.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 10:40 AM

Well, that's the shopping done, thank goodness. Arriving at Aldi around 08.00am there was a short queue of about 10 people and their trollies, all very orderly observing the advised two metre social distancing. There was someone on the door letting in about six people, then waiting for them to get to the end of the first aisle and then letting another six in.

Inside the supermarket everybody was good at not getting too close to the next shopper, all 'very British' (if that comment is allowed these PC days) is how it seemed to me. No shortages really that I could see, other than not quite as much on the bread and rolls shelves. Other than that there were no problems at all.

The checkouts had perspex shields between the cashier and customer, that had changed since I was last there two weeks' ago. Their hours have also changed from opening until 22.00 weekdays to 20.00, to allow for shelves to be restocked.

All in all Aldi seem to have sorted it in the best way possible, considering the present difficult circumstances.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 11:38 AM

EZ Rider and Kazz, I have a lot of the Forthglade trays in stock at any given time as I too try to buy if on offer. I have to make a note of what I have so I can buy other flavours. I still have dry duck and rice kibble, which goes nicely with the duck tray (or part of a sachet of the same flavour).

EZ, I make sure Holly eats well too, lol.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:25 PM

One in, one out at Sainsbury's this morning and a queue of about thirty people. I'll go back later.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 12:43 PM

I left it late this morning and had a queue of about thirty in front of me, too .....

Still, I got some beer and paracetamol .....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-04-2020, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I left it late this morning and had a queue of about thirty in front of me, too .....

Still, I got some beer and paracetamol .....
I got my essentials from the garage.... crisps and chocolate. the rest can wait.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 05:52 PM

Tesco was very quiet last night at 8 p.m. My Son took me & he was allowed to come in with me, the man on the door said it was ok as he was helping me. The old lady.
No anti-bac cloths but most everything else was there. I managed to spend £130 but that included items for Son & books for me. Including chocolate & crisps. Normal groceries were bought as well.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 07:27 PM

Gloved up I nipped to Marks & Sparks as I needed fruit and bread, only had to queue for less than 10 minutes, hardly anyone there. I passed a large Tesco and the queue was massive. I've found little Tescos and Marks & Sparks the best, they are quiet. Everyone was following social distancing guidelines.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:16 PM

Will have to do some shopping tomorrow - could do with some long-life milk (the bottle of fresh milk managed to get a few days ago has turned to yoghurt), some kitchen roll of some description and I could do with a visit to Iceland.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2020, 08:24 PM

Asda was awful yesterday.
Middling to long queue outside, and that wasn't the problem as everyone moved along smartish and was well spaced and well behaved.

Except they let too many into the store as inside the queues at the tills were snaking around the aisles, and worse, they were standing in the way of the people who wanted to get to the shelves for goodies.

I sincerely hope they've sorted it out by the time I have to go again ... I don't mind queuing outside ... but not in. I like to dart in, and dart out again with my basics.

There was even a shopper just standing in an aisle gabbing away on his mobile and getting in everyone's way.

Page 14 of 18 « First < 4 12 13 14 15 16 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top