Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 12:01 PM

Witness for the prosecution.

We had a special treat last night the wife and me. Witness for the prosecution was in Dublin's Gaiety Theatre and what a great performance by the Agatha Christie Theatre Company who always go down well in Dublin. The place was packed and they received tremendous applause. For me, Dennis Lill was brilliant as the lawyer Sir Wilfrid Robarts. It's a pleasure to watch a skilled cast do a good story.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2010, 09:25 PM

Re: Witness for the prosecution.

Haven't been to see a play for years-the theatre we had here shut down years ago through lack of support, which was a shame as they put on some good ones.

Glad you both enjoyed your night........
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 06:41 PM

It's that time of the year again, the Agatha Christie Players are back in Dublin's Gaiety Theatre with a production of 'Verdict'. I always enjoy these plays and my kind and lovely Daughter Maria has secured two seats for the Wife and me for Wednesday the 19th in the Dress Circle!, how's that for posh, YEEEHAAA!.
PS. Ladies, that heart throb of the 60's Mark Wynter is in it, remember him?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 06:46 PM

Sounds like a good night out Jem
Enjoy it ....
I remember Mark Wynter
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2011, 06:48 PM

Glad you enjoyed it Jem

How thrilling for you next week too, not everyone gets to sit in the posh seats!

Wasn't it Mark Wynter who had a hit with "Venus in Blue Jeans" many years ago?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

20-10-2011, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Glad you enjoyed it Jem

How thrilling for you next week too, not everyone gets to sit in the posh seats!

Wasn't it Mark Wynter who had a hit with "Venus in Blue Jeans" many years ago?
Yes Mags that was the big hit he had, he is a good actor now, deep voiced but comes across very clear, a bit scarce in the hair department but the Wife still loves him, we really enjoyed the play and the cast got a terrific reception, the house was full. I hope they return next year.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-10-2011, 06:05 PM

I was pleasantly surprised to see the actors enjoying a smoke on stage during the performance, it put the longing on me so I nipped into the John at the break and had a couple of quick drags. As I sat there thinking it suddenly struck me that if I was to string a few lines together, call it a play entitled "Forbidden pleasures" and get some of the old lads in the pub to act it out every day, 90% of them smoke, lunchtime theatre, if you like. We could puff our brains out and it would all be legal and a good laugh between friends, after a while we could forget the lines and say we are improvising. Beats going out in the pouring rain for a smoke.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2011, 07:08 PM

My Grannie loved Michael Macleamore, possibley not spelt right but he played the Abbey theatre, when adam was a lad.I was a bit keen on Brendan Behan as well read all his books.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

21-10-2011, 07:30 PM

I could never spell his name right either Annie so I looked it up. Michael mac Liammoir's real name was Alfred Willmore, born in London, he and his partner and lover, Hilton Edwards, another Londoner, founded the Gate theatre in the 1950's here in Dublin. Orson Wells joined the company there as a young actor, causing jealousy between the two lovers, or so I read.
I was always a great fan of Brendan Behan, pity he was only in his early 50s when he died.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2011, 03:58 PM

I would love to have gone to the pub he and his Mother and brother went to to hear the songs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top