Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:31 PM

Re: The Sky clock

Originally Posted by Mags ->
We have SkyQ and I’m pleased to say our clock is showing the correct time ....... unless the forum clock is wrong as well!
I think every clock in our house is different. Occasionally I go around and synchronise them but I normally use the Sky clock, not anymore though.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:34 PM

Has anyone noticed that clocks on adverts are quite often set to ten past ten or ten to two? Apparently this is done purposely because it gives the clock a smiley face and makes us want to buy the product.... allegedly.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Has anyone noticed that clocks on adverts are quite often set to ten past ten or ten to two? Apparently this is done purposely because it gives the clock a smiley face and makes us want to buy the product.... allegedly.
Jewellery shops also have all their watches set at ten past ten...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-08-2019, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Jewellery shops also have all their watches set at ten past ten...
Ooh really? I haven't noticed that Mags. I'm going to be on the lookout from now on.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 09:47 PM

Now that is really strange Longdogs, we visit a garden centre for lunch now and again, and one of the walls is full of clocks for sale and they are all set at ten past ten.....
I thought it was just random......
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 11:17 AM

When l saw the title of this thread LD l thought it would
be about astronomy?
Why would l think that??

Regards Donkeyman!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 01:56 PM

The only Sky Clock I know is the Sun and it is pretty dam reliable.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
The only Sky Clock I know is the Sun and it is pretty dam reliable.
Only if you can see it Brucy, over here we tend to keep
time by what we call our being regular in our toilet habits!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Only if you can see it Brucy, over here we tend to keep
time by what we call our being regular in our toilet habits!

Regards Donkeyman!
Yes Assman living so close to the Arctic Circle must have its disadvantages and keeping time by observing your bowel movements must be one of them.

I have seen plenty of sun, in fact I haven't seen any rain this month (nor any to speak of last month) at the moment August is looking to be the driest on record.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

20-08-2019, 03:18 AM

I think it is for symmetry. I once rung (in about 1969) the British Museum to ask why clocks using Roman numerals used IIII rather that IV and was told that it is to balance VIII better and make the clock face more symmetrical.

There are clocks that use IV (see Big Ben Clock) but they are rarer apparently.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top