Join for free
Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 03:44 AM

Re: Personality not looks

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Surely it has to be a bit of both to begin with ? If I hadn't felt physically attracted to my husband and wanted to be with him I doubt I'd want to be married to him. Physical attraction is important in a marriage. That doesn't mean you have to be a beauty as people are attractive for all sorts of reasons. My husband always says he fell into my eyes they were so beautiful to him and I know his beautiful blue eyes certainly attracted me and he smelled wonderful. We aren't classically beautiful but we have our moments.
Same with me, Julie.
Me and Mrs. Floyd just sort of 'ended up together' after a few fleeting glimpses.
I used to go to quizzes with a mate whose wife was in a ladies darts team with my future wife. We hit it off gradually but I guess we must have been attracted to one another in some ways. I have asked her since and she said "I liked your bum".
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think the fact that we all 'look ' for different things means there is someone for everyone you just have to find them .
And that's half the fun.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I find intelligence and a sense of humour very attractive.Always have done ,even when a young Jack the Lad.Girls who could only talk about pop and fashion, regardless of their looks, were not for me.
My husband's extremely high intelligence was a turn on. Even though he only has half a working brain after his brain haemorrhage in 2006, he is still light years brighter than me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:05 AM

Initially I was attracted to my husband's looks, I then had 5he pleasure of finding out what a bright, funny, caring young man he was. Nobody wants to be with anyone with an ugly personality I wouldn't think.

I know a young man at work in his 20s who is very good looking indeed and he has the personality to match, he is kind, respectful and a downright lovely young man, I also know some people who are not so good looking with ugly personalities.

Anyway what one sees as good looking might not be to the next person.

Someone said on here there is someone out there for all of us , I believe that to be true too, we are all individuals who like and see different things.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:11 AM

One thing I appreciate about my husband is he doesn't look upon me as the little woman who requires cosseting, which I would hate. He never treated our daughters like little princesses, and no different to the way he would treat a lad. I must admit though that he has never known his own strength which is considerable, our youngest daughter would frequently scream, 'CHILDLINE' when they were arm wrestling.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Tara what century are you living in ?
Most husbands DONT treat their wives as the ‘little woman’ who needs cosseting .
I don’t know one single one !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Tara what century are you living in ?
Most husbands DONT treat their wives as the ‘little woman’ who needs cosseting .
I don’t know one single one !
Some women would love to be cosseted I'm sure.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:31 AM

I agree what wrong with a bit of cosseting ?
That’s cosseting gentlemen not corseting
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not keen on pretty men. I prefer brains and brawn.
If only you knew me in real life Art..... you would get all three.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

20-08-2019, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Some women would love to be cosseted I'm sure.
Definitely not me. Even when I'm am ill my husband will look round my bedroom door and say, "there is nothing you want is there?"

Page 5 of 11 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top