Join for free
Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Re: Should UK police officers be routinely carrying Tasers?

Not everyone who kills a policeman is a terrorist .
As we can see in the latest murder of poor PC harper .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

So surprised by some of my favourite posters..

Tasers are not the answer, they work on low level crime, not the serious Terrorists.

Been there, done that, it hurts, does not stop them pressing the button.

Useful in suppressing idiots, absolutely no use in stopping Terrorists.

Tempting to put a bullet in each wrist to stop them pushing the trigger.

Such is life, head shots first, you take no chances.

Muddy can complain all she wants.

It was a good call.
Swims what are you on about ?
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:25 AM

Trouble is that the sentences given to these criminals is too soft. I would like to see hard labour brought back for serious crime and life meaning life. I would not like to see capital punishment brought back but if a person is sentenced to life imprisonment then he/she should never be released again.
Rehabilitation? Don,t make me laugh! a hardened criminal will never be rehabilitated.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Swims what are you on about ?
Hi

Idiots pure and simple.

Spent years in my later life with the Cops.

They prey on the easy targets, not the Real Criminals.

A fully naked lap dance with sex at the end is not my thing, so cheap, it means nothing.

It is blackmail, pure and simple.

I am not going there, that is so, so wrong,

An hour with the lady I love is so very different.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:22 AM

If we had proper help for mental health patients I guess I would be less worried about tasers but when you see a person suffering from a mental health crisis or alzheimer's being tasered I am afraid I have to say no to them. We do need to protect police and giving them enough numbers to go out in couples like they used to would help that, I hate seeing single police man or woman facing a violent person, they don't really stand a chance.
Outside where I work there was an altercation on friday, two men too much drink decided to beat each other to the pavement then their women joined in. The single woman representing our police force who turned up to sort them out didn't stand a chance. Luckily pub across the road a few patrons set to and helped her. But it was just luck someone was there. Taser would not have helped really, it's numbers of police make the difference.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2019, 10:37 AM

Hi

Idiots pure and simple.

Spent years in my later life with the Cops.

They prey on the easy targets, not the Real Criminals.

A fully naked lap dance with sex at the end is not my thing, so cheap, it means nothing.

It is blackmail, pure and simple.

I am not going there, that is so, so wrong,

An hour with the lady I love is so very different.
Oh dear
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

21-08-2019, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
If we had proper help for mental health patients I guess I would be less worried about tasers but when you see a person suffering from a mental health crisis or alzheimer's being tasered I am afraid I have to say no to them. We do need to protect police and giving them enough numbers to go out in couples like they used to would help that, I hate seeing single police man or woman facing a violent person, they don't really stand a chance.
Outside where I work there was an altercation on friday, two men too much drink decided to beat each other to the pavement then their women joined in. The single woman representing our police force who turned up to sort them out didn't stand a chance. Luckily pub across the road a few patrons set to and helped her. But it was just luck someone was there. Taser would not have helped really, it's numbers of police make the difference.
I agree this is terrible .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:43 AM

Hi

No No and more.

Tasers are not effective against the pillocks.

We are trained to resist them, no great shakes, dispersal clothing freely available on line.

They do not stop Suicide Bombers.

There is only one way to stop Suicide Bombers.

A bullet to the head and to the wrists to stop any pressing of buttons.
I don't really understand your ramblings. I certainly never said a taser works in all circumstances, infact the opposite, just to remind you what I actually said:

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
NSW Police routinely carry a gun, pepper spray and a Taser. The problem with a taser is that it doesn't always have the desired effect, conditions have to be right but it has saved some people's life as police have a non lethal option when confronted by a nutter.

Absolutely in favour of all police carrying a taser as well as a gun.
See that? I am in favour of armed police as I said all our police are armed at all times they definitely would not be using a taser against a terrorist.

It might help if you actually read what I wrote rather than rattling off at a totally irrelevant tangent and perhaps avoid making absurd statement like "... a bullet to the wrists to stop any pressing of buttons." surely you are aware that suicide vests are detonated by releasing a trigger rather than pressing it? Not to mention the remote chance of hitting such a small target, police are trained to shoot at the torso for a reason.
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tasers? They should be carrying high calibre handguns too. I'm totally opposed to capital punishment but strongly in favour of the men and women who are our protection from criminals being able to do whatever is needed to protect themselves when facing what they have to face.
Spot on!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 10:50 AM

Unfortunately, the days of a reassuring unarmed policeman in smart uniform complete with tall helmet with chin strap and shiny badge, carrying just a truncheon for protection, usually walking in pairs and where one could ask for directions or the time of day, are sadly long gone.

We live in different times now. Dangerous times where our policemen have to dress in similar mode to American S.W.A.T. teams, in order to protect themselves. No longer do they walk the pavements of our streets, even in pairs. No longer do they know many of the locals to gain advantageous information when crime has been committed, as they did all those years ago. The only time the public seem to see them out of their cars is when it is usually for something confrontational.

So, my answer is yes, I do believe that policemen should carry tasers with them, but first, there should be extensive, and I mean extensive, training on exactly when and where they should be used.

Sadly, as in this latest incident, a taser wouldn't have helped as that poor policeman was mown down and dragged under the vehicle, but we surely cannot continue where the UK is the only country in the whole world where our police officers do not have a weapon to protect themselves when in danger. I pray the day never comes though where tasers are exchanged for guns.

(maybe we should go back to the days of "Life on Mars" time where coppers knew how to deal with hooligans, narks, etc). Our society seems to have gone so liberal, policemen seem to go out with one hand already tied behind their backs.

They have always had, and always will, my utmost respect for the dangerous job they do everyday.

Page 5 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top