Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 07:57 AM

Re: Steroids

One month later & I've tried to reduce the steroids from 7.5 down to 5.

My body won't have this. The pain in my shoulder has returned and is gradually creeping down my back.

It's quite excruciating so I've no choice but to go back to the higher dose.

This looks like being a long haul.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 08:22 AM

Carol, you may put a few pounds on with the steroids, but the people who know you probably wont even notice!

On the other hand, pain can make you bad tempered , and people will notice that! I wish you well and hope that the steroids will remove your pain for many years!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2019, 09:14 AM

Isn't it weird Carol... a little pill can have such an impact. I can understand you wanting to reduce the dose but it seems your body isn't ready for that.

I have no idea what the long term implications of taking them are I expect you are looking into that.....for now though I would just be so relieved to have something that works and takes away the pain....thank goodness for that.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Isn't it weird Carol... a little pill can have such an impact. I can understand you wanting to reduce the dose but it seems your body isn't ready for that.

I have no idea what the long term implications of taking them are I expect you are looking into that.....for now though I would just be so relieved to have something that works and takes away the pain....thank goodness for that.
Longterm implications ?
I’ve just been looking these up and they’re not nice ! https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/polymy...ica/treatment/
Looks like anyone on them is between the devil and the deep blue sea
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:48 PM

I seem to remember having a steroid injection for that condition in my shoulder in the mid nineties. I had to have another when that wore off but it didn't return after that, thank heavens.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Tess there are different types of steroids . That would be Hydrocortisone you had injected .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top