Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:01 PM

One for the ladies

How old were you when you started going through the change?

I am 59 and not aware that I have been through the change as I have had no symptoms at all.

Were some of you late going through it?

I have to admit this past few days I feel like my body is flushing for a few seconds at a time so I'm wondering if its the change just kicking in. Obviously it's warm weather just now but I'm not continually flushing just seconds at a time which is different to weather warmth.

What you betting that the blokes come in and take a peek at this thread, nosey beggars LOL
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:13 PM

Re: One for the ladies

Hi

Correct, the blokes have come in.

My Mum had youngest brother at the age of 57.

It was a shock to all of us, especially as Mum hated Dad.

The last tall slim blonde was still having periods at the age of 62.

She was not on HRT.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Correct, the blokes have come in.

My Mum had youngest brother at the age of 57.

It was a shock to all of us, especially as Mum hated Dad.

The last tall slim blonde was still having periods at the age of 62.

She was not on HRT.
oh my giddy aunts, I can't imagine getting pregnant at 57, no thanks. Your poor mam.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:18 PM

I was only 48. Two years of hot flushes, mood swings and on/off monthly's. By the time I hit 50 it was all over and I didn't use HRT or anything else..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:27 PM

Late 40's and it lasted into my 60's , hot flushes mainly but I learnt to cope with them .

I wouldn't have HRT, partly because of the health risks but also it just delays the event you still have to face it eventually.

One amazing thing the menopause gave me was freedom from Migraine , no more 3 days a month of mind numbing pain and nausea which was clearly hormone-related a fact no GP had ever pursued. I can't stress enough what a joy is was to be migraine free.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:54 PM

Mid forties, only had hot flushes, nothing else.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 03:59 PM

Wow we're all so different aren't we.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 04:55 PM

I'm 62 and I don't know if I've been through it or not

I had an operation to remove the lining of my womb in my early 30's so no periods since then but I still have all my bits (ovaries etc) so I should still go through the menopause, I just don't know if I have or not.

Sometimes I'll have a few days when I feel pretty yuck and think to myself that maybe these are the symptoms.

I used to get horrendous PMT but not anymore so maybe it's come and gone without me noticing

I remember my Mum telling me that my Nan had periods until she was 60 but Nan was a bit weird as she never grew any pubic or underarm hair.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:21 PM

Well I stopped my periods at the age of 48, but have never had any hot flashes or anything.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Well I stopped my periods at the age of 48, but have never had any hot flashes or anything.
I know what you mean Susie! Apart from no periods after I reached 55, I can honestly say that I hardly noticed the menopause.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top