Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 07:27 AM

Re: Tragic Accident

Hi

Thanks for that Judd.

It puts a different scenario on things.

I know it well.

I was brought up in Mountfield Road, and the first house I owned was in Rectory Drive.

Fifty years ago it could have been me.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Fair comments but I feel that if this driver wasn't going too fast in the first place a young girl could still be alive.
I quite agree with you. As I see it the car showed far more damage than would be expected in a lower speed collision. We have I am sure, all seen some of the idiotic driving on the roads today, bad driving is almost an everyday occurrence. In my 55 years of accident-free driving I have seen some appalling driving, fortunately mostly without consequences. Without police presence though, reckless driving goes unnoticed for the most part, those who then get away with it continue until a tragedy like this happens. How often have many of us said to ourselves, when an incident occurs on the road, something like "the police are never around when this kind of thing happens".

The CPS and police, although using the law to prosecute offenders are often restricted by those same laws, as in this case it seems. With regard to those who kill others by their deliberate reckless driving, I believe they should be tried under other laws pertaining to using a weapon rather than it being a driving offence. Sentences then might reflect the seriousness of what happens, rather than being too light or as in this case it seems, the offender 'got away with it' on a technicality.

There are so many instances of bad or reckless driving, resulting in a person being killed, where the offender just seems to receive a very short sentence considering a life has been taken. This really does need to be looked at and penalties increased I believe.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 08:18 AM

The driver experienced a medical incident. That will have been confirmed especially as a result of the seriousness of what has happened.

Precise details have not been released but it is more than possible the driver experienced a transient ischemic attack (TIA) one of many consequences can be a total disassociation from reality, a blank out. Not a black out, a blank out.

If such a blank out happened while a person was driving on a hazardous part of a road then the outcome will not be good.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
A cold hearted comment
Some people are born with a lack of empathy and gross insensitively .
Today they would probaby be diagnosed as on the spectrum
Parents never get over the death of a child they do get on with their lives but their is no 'just 'about it .
This is a life changing tragedy that will be with them forever .
The 'end of story' is that their happy life ended when their child died .
I certainly hope you confine your clod hopping thoughtless remarks to this forum and keep them to yourself when you go out in public .
There are indeed people who have no empathy towards others, it is a diagnosable state, but there are others who appear to be unempathetic but who actually have had to develop a "thick skin" because of various they have experienced over a number of years.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The driver experienced a medical incident. That will have been confirmed especially as a result of the seriousness of what has happened.

Precise details have not been released but it is more than possible the driver experienced a transient ischemic attack (TIA) one of many consequences can be a total disassociation from reality, a blank out. Not a black out, a blank out.

If such a blank out happened while a person was driving on a hazardous part of a road then the outcome will not be good.
But the carnage would have been minimised with a good chance of the young girl surviving if the car wasn't speeding as reported by several witnesses.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-07-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
But the carnage would have been minimised with a good chance of the young girl surviving if the car wasn't speeding as reported by several witnesses.
Very true but if the driver had blanked out then it could well have happened while the driver was applying the accelerator at the time the TIA kicked in.

With a TIA blank out the effect is like turning a switch. Instant freezing, and total dissociation.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top