Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Brexit doom v Preject fear

The status quo twin campaigns are now almost at their peak
once again as what they percieve as Death Day approaches
also once again!
Also eu is stepping up its desperate attempts to frighten us
into submission!
I only hope our snowflakes can summon up a bit of common
sense and backbone to resist the hysteria that is coming!
My advice to them is to turn off the TV!
Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 01:33 PM

Re: Brexit doom v Preject fear

I wonder how many EU rules and regulations over trade etc will be ignored by the member states on 1st November ... ?

We assume all the member states are as compliant as we are - they aren't and they aren't in a big way. I think each month the number of non-conformance notifications / fines issued by the EU amount to a huge amount a month. I can't remember the exact figure but I'll try and find out.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The status quo twin campaigns are now almost at their peak
once again as what they percieve as Death Day approaches
also once again!
Also eu is stepping up its desperate attempts to frighten us
into submission!
I only hope our snowflakes can summon up a bit of common
sense and backbone to resist the hysteria that is coming!
My advice to them is to turn off the TV!
Regards Donkeyman!
Donks, I wonder what kind of submission you're thinking of. Leaving with or without a deal, either way, you leave. So by submission you cannot mean remaining.
So you must mean that signing a deal is a form of submission. The withdrawal deal regulates for two things:
- Settling the outstanding bills, both parties agreed upon. What honourable nation could be against that? Certainly not the british!
- untangling all the existing ties between EU and UK in a fashion that protects those that are most vulnurable for disruption.
Keep you in the EU, backstop? Yes, but only if you are unable to strike a trade deal with the EU. Given the excellent negotiating skills of the UK that shouldn't worry you.
On the contrary, negotiating a trade deal with the EU offers the UK the opportunity to prove once and for all how strong an economy you are.
So pethaps your resistance against submission is only the unpatriotic fear of losing because you estimate the UK as weaker than the EU?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Donks, I wonder what kind of submission you're thinking of. Leaving with or without a deal, either way, you leave. So by submission you cannot mean remaining.
So you must mean that signing a deal is a form of submission. The withdrawal deal regulates for two things:
- Settling the outstanding bills, both parties agreed upon. What honourable nation could be against that? Certainly not the british!
- untangling all the existing ties between EU and UK in a fashion that protects those that are most vulnurable for disruption.
Keep you in the EU, backstop? Yes, but only if you are unable to strike a trade deal with the EU. Given the excellent negotiating skills of the UK that shouldn't worry you.
On the contrary, negotiating a trade deal with the EU offers the UK the opportunity to prove once and for all how strong an economy you are.
So pethaps your resistance against submission is only the unpatriotic fear of losing because you estimate the UK as weaker than the EU?
I would prefer to leave with no deal because I trust the EU about as far as I can throw them.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:25 PM

The submission l talk about Solly is to agree a deal that is
a deal in name only, or to rescind A50! the first of the above
options, is not a deal at all, but only an attempt to secure
the 39B that the mad cow TM rashly signed for during a
midnight dash to Brussells when she allegedly read 600 pages
of the WA in about 3hrs before signing in her so called
personal capacity!
The second option speaks for itself!
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The submission l talk about Solly is to agree a deal that is
a deal in name only, or to rescind A50! the first of the above
options, is not a deal at all, but only an attempt to secure
the 39B that the mad cow TM rashly signed for during a
midnight dash to Brussells when she allegedly read 600 pages
of the WA in about 3hrs before signing in her so called
personal capacity!
The second option speaks for itself!
Regards Donkeyman!
That deal took 2 years to draw up. May read 342 draft versions before she signed the final version in the name of the united kingdom, binding that country to the deal.
But, now the EU has had enough of British whining and writhing, for 43 years. They have been through hell for the last three years negotiating with a dead flounder but finally inched to the line, only to find the flounder replaced by bloated grouper. Johnson’s record is one of lying, changing direction at a whim and acting with a total lack of integrity, personally and politically. Give me one good reason the EU should give this chancer and his House of Knaves houseroom? And all the British can do is to demand that everyone dances to their tune without thinking FOR A MINUTE about the massive damage this lunacy will be inflicting on the EU. Which ever way you turn it, you are still our partners, bonded.
Bearing in mind the irresponsible rabble that Johnson is leading, the EU’s priority is to protect the interests of the 27 and to build a cooperative future for the benefit of all. The British have disgraced themselves and deserve what’s coming: you know, the easiest deal in history and all the sunny uplands, plus, of course, 350 million a week for the NHS. What a shower!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 09:24 PM

Which ever way you turn it, you are still our partners, bonded.
Sorry but that's utter BS

We ceased being "partners" the moment your bunch of unelected dictators began using stealth and skullduggery to sign away Britain's nationality and justice system and have it replaced with EU sovereignty and the ECJ.

Britain joined the COMMON MARKET as a sensible trading bloc it did NOT join a POLITICAL UNION and one that is an utter laughing stock. It is nothing more than an unelected politburo.

Your sad bunch of megalomaniacal despots had multiple chances to reform and mend their ways but failed to do so.
Now they will pay the price as the UK walks away and as, inevitably, other member states WILL follow.

The EU deserves everything that is happening and all that will come. It has only itself to blame.

It is the EU that has disgraced itself. It's inability to account for its own finances, it's ridiculous undemocratic self serving selection process, it's increasing move towards being an Orwellian totalitarian state and so on. It's just an embarrassing utter nonsense.

We want no part of what it has now become and absolutely want no part of where it is heading.

NO DEAL ALL THE WAY

GET IT DONE !
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 09:26 PM

Quite happy to put people out of work aren't you?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

06-08-2019, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry but that's utter BS

We ceased being "partners" the moment your bunch of unelected dictators began using stealth and skullduggery to sign away Britain's nationality and justice system and have it replaced with EU sovereignty and the ECJ.

Britain joined the COMMON MARKET as a sensible trading bloc it did NOT join a POLITICAL UNION and one that is an utter laughing stock. It is nothing more than an unelected politburo.

Your sad bunch of megalomaniacal despots had multiple chances to reform and mend their ways but failed to do so.
Now they will pay the price as the UK walks away and as, inevitably, other member states WILL follow.

The EU deserves everything that is happening and all that will come. It has only itself to blame.

It is the EU that has disgraced itself. It's inability to account for its own finances, it's ridiculous undemocratic self serving selection process, it's increasing move towards being an Orwellian totalitarian state and so on. It's just an embarrassing utter nonsense.

We want no part of what it has now become and absolutely want no part of where it is heading.

NO DEAL ALL THE WAY

GET IT DONE !
You ungrateful child! We made you the big boy brumble you are now. So you think you can make it in the evil world of trump, putin and china?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
I wonder how many EU rules and regulations over trade etc will be ignored by the member states on 1st November ... ?

We assume all the member states are as compliant as we are - they aren't and they aren't in a big way. I think each month the number of non-conformance notifications / fines issued by the EU amount to a huge amount a month. I can't remember the exact figure but I'll try and find out.
You make a very good point.

Assuming that we do leave the EU at the end of October, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you say comes about, and really quite quickly.

Of certain types of product, we buy a great deal from European countries and, knowing that we will be at liberty to buy from countries outside of the EU, I can imagine that some EU member countries will decide not to adhere to the rules the EU bureaucrats try to impose on them and make their own decisions.

What, then, will the EU rulers do?

What can they do?!

As others have suggested, this could lead to the dissolution of the EU and other countries may well decide to follow us out!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top