Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 10:22 PM

Re: Brexit doom v Preject fear

Originally Posted by JBR ->
You make a very good point.

Assuming that we do leave the EU at the end of October, I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you say comes about, and really quite quickly.

Of certain types of product, we buy a great deal from European countries and, knowing that we will be at liberty to buy from countries outside of the EU, I can imagine that some EU member countries will decide not to adhere to the rules the EU bureaucrats try to impose on them and make their own decisions.

What, then, will the EU rulers do?

What can they do?!

As others have suggested, this could lead to the dissolution of the EU and other countries may well decide to follow us out!
Ever heard of the european court of justice? That's where you settle those kinds of problems.
https://europa.eu/european-union/abo...urt-justice_en
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Ever heard of the european court of justice?
https://europa.eu/european-union/abo...urt-justice_en
Article 50 is compliant with the ECJ
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Article 50 is compliant with the ECJ
So what makes you think contravening EU trading rules has anything to do with Article 50?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The status quo twin campaigns are now almost at their peak
once again as what they percieve as Death Day approaches
also once again!
Also eu is stepping up its desperate attempts to frighten us
into submission!
I only hope our snowflakes can summon up a bit of common
sense and backbone to resist the hysteria that is coming!
My advice to them is to turn off the TV!
Regards Donkeyman!
Project fear is being ramped up big time this morning by the BBC. Shock horror there will be no danish bacon the poor Danes will have to eat all the slimy water logged stuff themselves.

'Rationing may have to be introduced' that should save the NHS a small fortune as the obesity crisis is causing major health problems for some.
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 09:11 AM

Hah, Meg; you beat me to it

The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is full on Project Fear this morning, about food supplies from November

Sounds like they're really enjoying themselves!

If we're upsetting The BBC, the Irish, and the EU then we must be doing something right!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is full on Project Fear this morning, about food supplies from November

If we're upsetting The BBC, the Irish, and the EU then we must be doing something right!
Z I think the editor of the Today programme failed to see the mixed messages they were sending. In one item we were told that the 'mini deals' agreed by the EU in case of our leaving without a main deal (which were designed for the benefit of the remaining countries not the UK ) would among other things keep freight traffic flowing check free at the borders for 9 months , then comes the item about shortages and rationing after October
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Banchory ->
So what makes you think contravening EU trading rules has anything to do with Article 50?
I said A50 is compliant with the ECJ.

Read properly.

But seeing as your asking, the Lisbon Treaty (where A50 is defined) defines the policy areas for the customs union and the internal (single) market.

... but I guess you knew that
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->

I truly believe that the status quo, represented by the whole
remainer community eg. BBC, civil service, big business, ex
politicians, are trying to start an epidemic of mass hysteria
Zuludog, led by the BBC, witness the so called debate shows
where the guests degenarate into shouting over each other
and generally destroying any meaningful debate!!
And this behavior has spread to the other tv channels as
well!
I dont believe the supposed acedemics chosen for these
panels can act so stupidly and so must be working to a
plan which can only be dictated by the ruling bodies of these
broadcasting corperations for the purpose of confusing and
alarming the viewers of these programnes!
Surprisingly, the bbc this morning actually showed both sides
of the argument on the early news! so maybe the negative
feedback the bbc has been suffering is having an effect??

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

07-08-2019, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Z I think the editor of the Today programme failed to see the mixed messages they were sending. In one item we were told that the 'mini deals' agreed by the EU in case of our leaving without a main deal (which were designed for the benefit of the remaining countries not the UK ) would among other things keep freight traffic flowing check free at the borders for 9 months , then comes the item about shortages and rationing after October
The mass hysteria should start soon and don't be surprised if you see virtue signalling going to a whole new level with tee-shirts, car window stickers and mass protests.

I can't wait - it's going to be hilarious.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The BBC is a disgrace. Realistically, it ought to drop the 'British' and rename itself the EBC.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top