Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Things you think about when you’ve nothing better to do

I was looking at a leaflet in a packet of Paracetamol that said each caplet contained 65 mgms of caffeine in each caplet .
It surprised me to read the effects of caffeine sensitivity one being tremors and another anxiety .
Also warned not to drink tea,coffee or fizzy drinks if you wanted to take this medicine .

So I looked up how much caffeine would be in a mug of tea brewed with one teabag . Could be as much as 40 .

So say you drank 4 mugs of tea and 1 skinny latte a day (me typically) would that count as being OTT and fall into taking too much caffeine into your body ? Which could result in some or all the symptoms of sensitivity to caffeine .
Just passing time you understand ,not worrying .
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:00 PM

Re: Things you think about when you’ve nothing better to do

That's rather a toughie Zuleika. I'm always thinking of things when I lie in bed at night unable to get to sleep. It's amazing how much goes through my mind. Crikey, by the time I've finally fallen asleep, I've solved every single family problem, planned meals for the following 7 days, decided where I want to go on holiday next year, gone through my food cupboard and fridge/freezer in my mind and know exactly what I am short of for the next food order, gone right through a recipe and envisioned the end result. I could go on and on. but suffice to say that I am great at multi-tasking in my mind when I have nothing better to do than actually sleep.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 02:01 PM

Aperture.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 03:12 PM

Shall I wear my gold or silver bracelets tomorrow ?

Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 04:45 PM

Insomnia....I lay awake worrying about it most nights....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 06:58 PM

I always have a pen and paper by the side of the bed to jot anything down. If l think of the things when l’m tired, they get bigger and bigger and out of proportion.

When l look at the list in the morning, it’s with a fresh head and the things listed aren’t as bad as l thought.

The only drawback is, the bedside lamp goes on, then off, then on again, every time l think off something else to add!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I always have a pen and paper by the side of the bed to jot anything down. If l think of the things when l’m tired, they get bigger and bigger and out of proportion.

When l look at the list in the morning, it’s with a fresh head and the things listed aren’t as bad as l thought.

The only drawback is, the bedside lamp goes on, then off, then on again, every time l think off something else to add!
This is good advice Art, I do the same.

I have a rush of ideas at dawn, ideas I want to savour so I write it down to google later. And I'm liberated, free to start a whole new train of thought. zzzzz dream on zzzzz
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:07 PM

The Universe is estimated at 13 billion years old, but it is estimated at 93 billion light years across. How has it expanded to be that size in the time given? Are the galaxies furthest from us moving THAT fast? If the Universe is infinite, how can it be expanding? If it is estimated at 93 billion light years across, how can it be infinite? I'd love answers on a postcard please!

Answers on a postcard please.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:26 PM

I spend time thinking Estimators used to work in construction, now they speculate in pre-prehistory terms.
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 01:24 PM

all the sins Ive comitted in my life and trying to find new ones I might have missed. Isnt it amazing that we might have committed thousands of sins and not even been aware of them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top