Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:42 AM

Being liked.

There's this woman who stands near me at my aqua fit class. I've attempted to make conversation with her but all I get are abrupt answers. She just doesn't want to talk to me & yet she talks animatedly to my friend who stands on her other side.

I know she doesn't like me so I ignore her now & chat to a nice woman who stands behind me..

Do you get the feeling that somebody doesn't like you & you don't know why?
noolsg
Kildare Ireland
noolsg is female  noolsg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:49 AM

Re: Being liked.

My daughter in law. She avoids speaking to me and barely answers a direct question. I don't know why but she responds normally to my husband. When we buy things for our grandchild she thanks my husband but not me. It's very tiring
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:55 AM

It's funny how people make judgements on other folks without the slightest idea who they are. I try not to judge like that and to knowingly ignore people is hurtful and I would never do it on purpose.

I do have that feeling of not being liked sometimes Carol but mostly online...people so easily jump to wrong conclusions here.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:57 AM

There is no accounting for some people's likes and dislikes !
Even Jesus had trouble telling his disciples if the people of a village don't welcome you to ' shake the dust from your shoes of that place and move on '

I have paraphrased his words !
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:59 AM

I don't really want people to bother me so I don't mind if they don't like me as long as they leave me alone.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:45 AM

Like some people do I pick up on 'bad vibes'. If someone dislikes me, and I have done nothing to warrant this, then that is their problem, I do not make it mine!
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I don't really want people to bother me so I don't mind if they don't like me as long as they leave me alone.
This ^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Like some people do I pick up on 'bad vibes'. If someone dislikes me, and I have done nothing to warrant this, then that is their problem, I do not make it mine!
And this ^^^^^^

There are some people I don't like and will actively avoid if possible, failing that and I'm forced into their company I say as little as possible and make my escape as soon as possible.

I don't care if people don't like me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->

There are some people I don't like and will actively avoid if possible,
It's understandable if you know the person & don't like them for a reason - but do you dislike people without knowing them or anything about them?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Of course I like people to like me but like Baz if they don't and I have done nothing to make this so, I don't own it and I don't let it get me down.If I am confident I have done nothing to warrant a brush off or some other act that indicates I am in their bad books, I won't say.."Have I done something wrong?"..Unless it's a significant other of course. But sometimes it's really hard to take when you want to be accepted and somebody attacks you more than you think you deserve. You feel you may have done something wrong and you apologise but it is rejected. THat's the one that I find hard. But if I am honest with myself and I feel I have done something wrong I will broach the subject and apologise. If it's accepted..sweet. If not, I move on. If the shoe is on the other foot and I am the one who is put off by somebody who has done nothing to me, I try to own it and not blame them for my irrationality. Invariably I succeed in this thankfully.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
It's understandable if you know the person & don't like them for a reason - but do you dislike people without knowing them or anything about them?
I think you need to interact with people before you know if you like them or not Carol. I don't think I'm guilty of not liking someone for no reason.

Maybe this woman feels insecure and thinks if she chats to you then you might move in on her friends and steal them away?

People can be very strange that way.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top