Join for free
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:20 PM

Re: no deal actually means lots of deals

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Evidence my dear, evidence! otherwise it's just brexit BS.
Does evidence to the contrary count too?
https://royalsociety.org/topics-poli...her-countries/
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by itsme ->
Evidence my dear, evidence! otherwise it's just brexit BS.
Take a look around on this page. Figures from 2000-2018 available.

http://ec.europa.eu/budget/graphs/re...xpediture.html
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Take a look around on this page. Figures from 2000-2018 available.
Does'nt our contribution cover that Solly?

Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

14-08-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Does'nt our contribution cover that Solly?

Donkeyman!
Of course, the UK is a net contributor to the EU organisation..
But you are a business man, not a grocer? The grocer's approach would be to count the pennies he paid in contribution, and the pennies he got in return in the form of subsidies etc.
A business man would also look at the contacts he made during the social meetings which enabled him to close several profitable deals. The man of the business world would also count the pounds he gained from deals he would not have been able to close were he not in the inner circle.

Due to this priniple the commercial institutes warn against a no deal brexit.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Of course, the UK is a net contributor to the EU organisation..
But you are a business man, not a grocer? The grocer's approach would be to count the pennies he paid in contribution, and the pennies he got in return in the form of subsidies etc.
A business man would also look at the contacts he made during the social meetings which enabled him to close several profitable deals. The man of the business world would also count the pounds he gained from deals he would not have been able to close were he not in the inner circle.
Business voted leave
gascony
Gascony
gascony is male 

14-08-2019, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Business voted leave
That seems to be a brave assertion. I think it needs evidence and data. Not just Dyson and Banks views. But such a bold claim needs evidence.
You would not want to be accused of spouting utter shite would you?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2019, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gascony ->
That seems to be a brave assertion. I think it needs evidence and data. Not just Dyson and Banks views. But such a bold claim needs evidence.
You would not want to be accused of spouting utter shite would you?

The majority voted leave that includes business

Look at Sunderland for examples of "evidence" then look at our foreign investment since the referendum

Can you give me evidence to back up your argument ?
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:29 AM

Business voted leave
Back to your old fake news ways again I see

businesses have no vote

Every major trade organisation is not in favour of Brexit although there are some businesses that are but all evidence indicates they are in a minority

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...rticle/586213/
Banchory
Kent
Banchory is male  Banchory has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 05:36 AM

The majority voted leave that includes business

Look at Sunderland for examples of "evidence" then look at our foreign investment since the referendum

Can you give me evidence to back up your argument ?
The people of Sunderland voted to leave however one of Sunderland’s major employers then reduced investment in the city as a result which also affects a host of supporting industries.

It seems you’re regressing back into fake news BS mode again
Susan68
Up North, UK
Susan68 is female  Susan68 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2019, 09:28 AM

I'm fed up with it all. Last nights news here was debating whether it was going to happen at all or whether there'd be yet another extension or revoking article 50 altogether. ..and something about leaving on 31st then going straight back in again????? no idea how that works! maybe I misunderstood it, it was late (10pm news) and I was tired!

I just wish they'd make their minds up! I'm glad if we don't if it saves lots of cattle and sheep being culled, saves the 'troubles' going on again back in Northern Ireland. I never really understood why we needed to leave anyway, other than something about rich Tories panicking about EU bringing in a law about them having to reveal off shore accounts or something???

I feel sorry for the businesses who have either already spent thousands preparing for this, or have already had to shut down.

Either way my food stores will get used up as winter is coming, no doubt food deliveries will cancel when weather gets bad as they often do and I've still got to be switched to UC and face at least 2 months with no money at all (but still my full rent to find for however long they take, so we don't get evicted) so already having plenty of food in for me and the dog is one less thing to have to worry about finding the money for!

It worries me more it may trigger civil unrest whether we stay in (by the one's wanting to leave causing riots) or whether we do leave with or without a deal (by those that don't agree either way). I'd hate it to get as bad as what's happening over in Hong Kong and the french yellow vest riots that went on before.

I find social media seems to have created a country that just like to sit in their armchairs judging everyone else and then attacking whoever doesn't agree with them! ..problem being that 'attacking' then spills out into real life with a load of angry people out there rioting and ready to attack anyone who dare look at them wrong!

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top