Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:13 PM

Re: Police officer killed

The latest news item I could find, just 10 minutes or so ago:

https://news.sky.com/story/ten-arres...shire-11786468
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Poor young man only 28 years old two weeks married with all life before him .
How very sad murdered by cowardly trash
It’s time we brought back CP
There is simply no fear at all of any consequences of wrong doing .
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:37 PM

These people are just scum, life means nothing to them, lawlessness is a way of life. My heart goes out to his bride and his family.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 06:42 PM

If we are hearing stories of the police being murdered on a regular basis, doesn't this say they there is no longer and respect for the police & certainly no fear of them?

Boris is wrong if he thinks a few more policemen & bigger prisons will change the situation. The general public are afraid of what is happening, so punishments need to be much harsher ...... and I don't mean longer prison sentences, as it is obvious they do not work.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 08:44 PM

It makes you want to cry. He was only married recently and was to go on his belated honeymoon soon.

Seeing the place where he was knocked down and then dragged along, was just too harrowing.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
10 arrested aged between 13 and 30.

Bet they are Pikeys.

https://more.talktalk.co.uk/news/201...y-in-berkshire
It’s highly likely there are big communities of travellers in the Reading area .
Trouble is they don’t travel they stay put steal and make trouble .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 11:29 PM

I still would like an answer to the question I asked in post 2.

Why was one lone policeman sent to this incident?
If that isn't asking for trouble, I don't know what is!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-08-2019, 11:30 PM

It is strange I thought they went about in twos .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2019, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It is strange I thought they went about in twos .

Even if two had gone, Muddy, they wouldn't have stood much chance unarmed, against 10 others.
Surely he must have radio'd for assistance at least?

I do not know all the facts, but from what little information offered so far, it seems to me this might have been very badly handled ending with the poor man losing his life in a very brutal way.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
It’s highly likely there are big communities of travellers in the Reading area .
Trouble is they don’t travel they stay put steal and make trouble .
A big problem here is getting rid of this scum. Last year a crowd of these travellers moved onto a forest car park and set up camp. The car park was now 'theirs' and no-one was going to move them. I asked a forest keeper why they had not been thrown off the car park. He told me that to do this they would have to be taken to court by the forestry commission and get the courts permission to get them moved. They would 'obey' the order but move just a mile or so down the road, set up camp and the whole procedure set up again. All this costs money which we, the council tax payer, would have to pay plus the cost of clearing up the filth left behind.
What is the solution to this problem?

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top