Join for free
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Lumbar Spine Stenosis

Narrowing.
My discs are wearing out. Especially in the lumbar spine. L5/S1 is giving me Hell. I am in pain after standing for more than 30 minutes. Tried physio, osteo, injections. Im due for another injection next week. None of them have worked at all so far.

I was told that they wont operate on your back unless you feel tingling in your foot. Which I don't. But I get nerve pain that runs right down my leg. Every day.

Look I know you good people probably suffer more than me but don't write about it on here. Well Im just seeing if someone else has the same problem
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:49 AM

Re: Lumbar Spine Stenosis

Back pain is horrible
Precious I assume you have tried oral medication already
We are all wearing out that’s the trouble and the fault of our upright posture ,
As a lifelong horsewoman I do have a back problem and also get sciatica at times which is very painful.
My doctor just says talk paracetamol or Ibuprofen when necessary .
Not very encouraging .
I went to a physio who gave me some exercises
Not helped by spending too much time on a computer
precious
Brisbane Australia
precious is male  precious has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:52 AM

thanks muddy. im on tramadol daily. only 100mg a day. i dont want to go higher because it is highly addictive.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 12:00 PM

Hello Precious . Can I be blunt ? You’re asking in here to see if anyone has the same problem ?

Pain after 30 minutes standing ?
Count yourself as a lucky man .
There a thousands of people in your state and worse,me included .
The pain in your leg is from a trapped nerve .
Your GP is being as helpful as possible .
You can pay to see a private orthopaedic consultant ,probably being told the same thing .
Some might risk operating on you ,I wouldn’t go for it . You could end up in a worse condition . This I know from having two friends unable to stand without support from two people after doing so .
A rubber hot water bottle could be your friend you know. It’s certainly mine . You can pooh pooh the idea but it relaxes the muscles and will do wonders for that pain in your leg .
Also there are gel like products ,Voltarol being one ,to rub on the lower back . Could be more helpful than taking oral meds .

Hope you don’t have to go out to work btw and find some relief soon .
precious
Brisbane Australia

17-08-2019, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Hello Precious . Can I be blunt ? You’re asking in here to see if anyone has the same problem ?

Pain after 30 minutes standing ?
Count yourself as a lucky man .
There a thousands of people in your state and worse,me included .
The pain in your leg is from a trapped nerve .
Your GP is being as helpful as possible .
You can pay to see a private orthopaedic consultant ,probably being told the same thing .
Some might risk operating on you ,I wouldn’t go for it . You could end up in a worse condition . This I know from having two friends unable to stand without support from two people after doing so .
A rubber hot water bottle could be your friend you know. It’s certainly mine . You can pooh pooh the idea but it relaxes the muscles and will do wonders for that pain in your leg .
Also there are gel like products ,Voltarol being one ,to rub on the lower back . Could be more helpful than taking oral meds .

Hope you don’t have to go out to work btw and find some relief soon .
thanks for posting
I work part time 4 hours a day 5 days a week. I have to pretend Im not in pain. I look right grumpy to other people sometimes.; I need this job though. I stand for 4 hours as it is a cleaning job.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2019, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by precious ->
thanks for posting
I work part time 4 hours a day 5 days a week. I have to pretend Im not in pain. I look right grumpy to other people sometimes.; I need this job though. I stand for 4 hours as it is a cleaning job.
Oooooh that is no good a job at all for you .So sorry . Is there no chance of anything sitting down ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top