Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:27 PM

Re: Long Lost Love

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Now that you mention the subject it has just struck me that I have never given any of my ex's a second thought over the years. I can remember their names and some of the faces but I have never pined (if that's the right word) for any of them. I wouldn't recognise them now either I suppose, not after all this time.
Tachyon, none of them can have meant that much to you. Young love and all that but not any of them the love of your life at the time obviously.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not a long lost love but I did meet one of the twins I was at school with and was absolutely amazed at how old she looked. Could have walked past her and not realised it, but she recognised me. When we were at school we both favoured loud colours and flamboyant clothing she said she recognised me from my purple skirt, turquoise fringed top and lace collar, I didn't recognise her but her dull brown suit was so unlike anything she would have chosen back then I think I could be forgiven.
Julie, isn't it awful when you meet old school friends, look twice and think my god, you're old! I then think Good Grief, I'm the same age! It's strange how some people wear better than others. Nice to think she thought you still had a good fashion sense.. Good for you.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
My long lost love got in touch with me via his sister. We phoned each other, exchanged recent photo's, as we are both old now. Then one day he sent me a letter saying out of the blue he was getting married again. I never heard from him again, his phone cut off & his sister isn't answering me either. Guess I'll never know what happened to him.
Aww, that was ungentlemanly and unkind of him Tiffany.
The least he could have done was phone or write and explain that it could be difficult to continue the friendship as he was getting married. Some people have no idea how rude and unfeeling they can be. Still, if he was such a prat as to diss you completely, you had a lucky escape xxx
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-08-2019, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I'm friendly with my long lost love - strictly platonic of course.

He plays in a jazz band & I went to see them once. Mostly our conversation is via text/email.

He's aged well - as he thinks I have.
That's nice Carol. sounds like a good friendship. Long may it continue.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-08-2019, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I recently saw saw someone from my much younger days. I thought she still looked good.
Did you speak to each other Mart?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

19-08-2019, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I stumbled across "the one that got away" on one of my Facebook friend's posts, I had a quick look at him on his profile page and he's turned into his Dad

Phew, lucky escape!
Different reasons, same lucky escape Nicol.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:20 PM

My tale is the other way around. 1972 having worked aboard and meeting a Greek I fell madly in love.
So when we finished our line of work and each went back home, the plan was already in progress for me to fly out to Greece to be with him.
Worked a couple of month and got enough money together and took off .
We got on really well, but back in the day (probably still is) it was not a very good life in Greece, wages were very poor and work was not readily available. After 6 months I decided to return to the UK. He promised to follow a few months later.
This he did, but in the meantime my feelings had sort of diminished and I really didn't feel anything for him any longer, other than guilt I suppose.
He so much wanted me to go back to Greece with him, but I had no intentions. He wrote every week, for at least 12 months, I replied to very few and then stopped writing altogether.
His family and he moved to Australia abut 18 months later, he sent his new address but that was the end...... until.....
About 3 yrs ago I noticed something which drew my attention back to him.
I searched on Facebook and there he was. Still looking very handsome for his age . We made contact again, and next step was he wanted to phone me. His voice was just as sexy as it always had been, BUT he kept phoning me, and it wasn't a short call, they were going on for an hour at a time or longer which was really annoying. You know, there's only so much one can talk about .
It turns out he was married the same year I was, he had three children as I had , the same ages and sex as mine are and in the same order. What a coincidence !
Anyway, I got bored again, and noticing his wife was scrutinizing our Facebook messages, I though it was time to cool everything off again.
I think he was pretty pissed off to be truthful, but I did explain that I didn't intend to become between him and his wife. We still communicate, a little on birthdays and Christmas but I don't think I would have or even should have tried to find him although he was happy about it as he did at least find out I was still alive instead of being left in limbo for the last 45 yrs.
Such a boring story, but it adds to everyone else's stories .
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Tachyon, none of them can have meant that much to you. Young love and all that but not any of them the love of your life at the time obviously.
My philosophy is that people come, people go. I loved them at the time, but that was then and this is now.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 07:39 PM

Did you speak to each other Mart?
Yes, it was OK. We were both with our partners of many years.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2019, 09:29 PM

Aww, that was ungentlemanly and unkind of him Tiffany.
The least he could have done was phone or write and explain that it could be difficult to continue the friendship as he was getting married. Some people have no idea how rude and unfeeling they can be. Still, if he was such a prat as to diss you completely, you had a lucky escape xxx
I can't understand why his sister hasn't told me what happened to him, it's quite weird actually.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top