Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:05 AM

Re: Long Lost Love

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Aww, that was ungentlemanly and unkind of him Tiffany.
The least he could have done was phone or write and explain that it could be difficult to continue the friendship as he was getting married. Some people have no idea how rude and unfeeling they can be. Still, if he was such a prat as to diss you completely, you had a lucky escape xxx
Maybe it was just one of the conditions in the new wife's prenuptials.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 07:10 AM

Folks shouldn't have to remain visually stoic, to keep a pragmatic memory chain intact.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
My tale is the other way around. 1972 having worked aboard and meeting a Greek I fell madly in love.
So when we finished our line of work and each went back home, the plan was already in progress for me to fly out to Greece to be with him.
Worked a couple of month and got enough money together and took off .
We got on really well, but back in the day (probably still is) it was not a very good life in Greece, wages were very poor and work was not readily available. After 6 months I decided to return to the UK. He promised to follow a few months later.
This he did, but in the meantime my feelings had sort of diminished and I really didn't feel anything for him any longer, other than guilt I suppose.
He so much wanted me to go back to Greece with him, but I had no intentions. He wrote every week, for at least 12 months, I replied to very few and then stopped writing altogether.
His family and he moved to Australia abut 18 months later, he sent his new address but that was the end...... until.....
About 3 yrs ago I noticed something which drew my attention back to him.
I searched on Facebook and there he was. Still looking very handsome for his age . We made contact again, and next step was he wanted to phone me. His voice was just as sexy as it always had been, BUT he kept phoning me, and it wasn't a short call, they were going on for an hour at a time or longer which was really annoying. You know, there's only so much one can talk about .
It turns out he was married the same year I was, he had three children as I had , the same ages and sex as mine are and in the same order. What a coincidence !
Anyway, I got bored again, and noticing his wife was scrutinizing our Facebook messages, I though it was time to cool everything off again.
I think he was pretty pissed off to be truthful, but I did explain that I didn't intend to become between him and his wife. We still communicate, a little on birthdays and Christmas but I don't think I would have or even should have tried to find him although he was happy about it as he did at least find out I was still alive instead of being left in limbo for the last 45 yrs.
Such a boring story, but it adds to everyone else's stories .
No, not boring at all, as you said, you both found out the other was still alive. Like myself & my ex & at least you know where he is, I have no idea what happened to my ex now after finding him again.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Maybe it was just one of the conditions in the new wife's prenuptials.
I can't see that would be true Spitfire & if so why hasn't his sister said he's OK. I have messaged her several times asking her what happened to him & no reply. I had better add he'll be 83 now, this happened 2 years ago.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
My tale is the other way around. 1972 having worked aboard and meeting a Greek I fell madly in love.
So when we finished our line of work and each went back home, the plan was already in progress for me to fly out to Greece to be with him.
Worked a couple of month and got enough money together and took off .
We got on really well, but back in the day (probably still is) it was not a very good life in Greece, wages were very poor and work was not readily available. After 6 months I decided to return to the UK. He promised to follow a few months later.
This he did, but in the meantime my feelings had sort of diminished and I really didn't feel anything for him any longer, other than guilt I suppose.
He so much wanted me to go back to Greece with him, but I had no intentions. He wrote every week, for at least 12 months, I replied to very few and then stopped writing altogether.
His family and he moved to Australia abut 18 months later, he sent his new address but that was the end...... until.....
About 3 yrs ago I noticed something which drew my attention back to him.
I searched on Facebook and there he was. Still looking very handsome for his age . We made contact again, and next step was he wanted to phone me. His voice was just as sexy as it always had been, BUT he kept phoning me, and it wasn't a short call, they were going on for an hour at a time or longer which was really annoying. You know, there's only so much one can talk about .
It turns out he was married the same year I was, he had three children as I had , the same ages and sex as mine are and in the same order. What a coincidence !
Anyway, I got bored again, and noticing his wife was scrutinizing our Facebook messages, I though it was time to cool everything off again.
I think he was pretty pissed off to be truthful, but I did explain that I didn't intend to become between him and his wife. We still communicate, a little on birthdays and Christmas but I don't think I would have or even should have tried to find him although he was happy about it as he did at least find out I was still alive instead of being left in limbo for the last 45 yrs.
Such a boring story, but it adds to everyone else's stories .
It wasn't boring at all PD, I love to hear stories like yours.
Talk about what was meant to be. If ever there was a case of fate playing its part, this was certainly it!
especially as you were both given a second chance with making contact yet again.

I think you must have known in your heart from the second contact with each other that he was never meant to be 'The One' because of the simple fact - you said he phoned and spoke for hours, which annoyed you. If it was a love story, you wouldn't have even noticed the time.

Never mind, at least it was closure for you.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:10 PM

I've posted this before a few monhs ago but it's more relevant to this thread.

First Girlfriend
Perhaps not the very first girlfriend but the first serious one. At the co-educational school of Takapuna Grammar , Margaret Sheffield, or Meg as she preferred to be known, was a very intelligent girl, always near the top of every subject she took at school where I was always in the middle. She was not a beauty in the normal acceptance of the phrase, but with a lovely nature and curves that attract young men like a moth to the flame. At the age of thirteen she had climbed Mt Cook with her father, who had been an alpine guide, with experience in the Himalayas and Kilimanjaro in Africa. We became partners at the regular dancing lessons after school which, the teachers hoped, would further our social careers in later life. At the school drama club, she was Eliza and I was Professor Higgins in the school production of “Pygmalion”, which was well received by the local community, and parents and teachers. On school trips to the Tongariro ski fields the class stayed at the Rotorua ski club hut and she skied besides me as I fell off frequently and in doing this she diplomatically taught me much about what she was already skilled at. While she was always friendly and smiling she was no door mat and told me off on occasions, such as when I was a little unkind to her younger brother at Takapuna beach.
In my last year at school we paired up for a school fancy dress dance which involved gender swapping. It was here that I realised how difficult it was to dance backwards. She wore a fine moustache, workman’s boots and trousers with braces, finished off with a fine red neckerchief and a flat hat. My own attempt involved a long black wig, mascara and lipstick and magnificent eyelashes. I also borrowed a bra and two pairs of socks and although I had worked hard in the previous couple of years at learning how to unhook a bra with one hand I had never mastered re-hooking it and needed her assistance which she willingly gave with much laughter.
My last sight of her was on a moonlit night on the desert road at 1 am, when I dropped her off, at her request , to climb Mt Ruapehu, as I made my way from Auckland to Palmerston North intent on my latest project.
We were very fond of each other but we each had very definite ideas of what we planned to do.
It was many years later that I discovered that she had become director of broadcasting in Nepal, as a contracted employee of the BBC. There was a connection with Nepal by her father’s involvement there and his love of the Nepalese people. She was influential in many areas of broadcasting when she returned to the United Kingdom until a sad event occurred. She had flown back to New Zealand for her father’s 90th birthday but after attending that she had been killed in a traffic accident in Auckland.
A strange event happened only a couple of years ago as I worked in my part time capacity at the Settlers Museum in Waipawa. Four young Chinese on a working holiday picking and packing apples had a day off work and visited the museum. Things were very quiet so I gave them a guided tour as I explained the various exhibits and how they related to Hawkes Bay history. They spoke very good English but I was struck by something about one of the girls. Her mannerisms, her laugh, and even her gestures reminded me of Meg, even though I had not thought of her for years. A couple of years previously I had been asked to do the display of cameras, projectors and related items, as I had a photographic background. When I had nearly completed this I had felt that we needed a couple of large black and white prints to fill a gap and I had chosen a couple of myself and a travelling friend from my archive of many, many large photos that I still had at home. As we approached the display the girl pointed at the photograph of me and said in a very surprised voice “Oh ! That is You!” pointing at my 52 year old photo! I think even my mother would not recognise me now. How had this friendly Asian done so ? Maybe there is such a thing as re-incarnation.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 09:43 PM

I dont want to meet with any of my exes because I would hate them to feel disappointed and I dont want to be disappointed either . I think I'd like to keep the memories as they are .

Although looking back I honestly wouldn't look twice at them being the person I am today .

Strange isn't it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-08-2019, 10:24 PM

Yes strange, all those years ago, so close but so poles apart in aspiration.

Strange isn't it.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2019, 10:38 PM

Yep I worshiped the ground she walked on, 3 years older than me I was 13,
she was gorgeous and the spitting image of Sandie Shaw, seen her a few times since those days and she still is gorgeous and not changed one iota.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

20-08-2019, 10:39 PM

What about you basser, are you still in the running?

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top