Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Re: What Exactly Is ‘Baiting’ On Forums?

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Look in the Politics Threads there's a lot of Baiting goes on there, certain members like to call certain groups out. I find it's best to ignore them as most of the time they really have no idea of what's actually going on elsewhere. Having said that though, it can be very hard to keep stum at times.
Roxy, That sounds more like a war zone!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Not to catch someone out per se, more like to post something knowing that it will infuriate some and trigger a response. A typical WUM trick.
That's a good a definition as any .....

Some baiters become stalkers .....
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Think of baiting as "lighting the touchpaper" and then backing off to watch the ensuing fireworks. It happens on every forum, sometimes quite often - gaming forums are always seeng threads erupt because of baiting.
Exactly, and that is why they are called Trolls.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I say exactly what I think about a topic, my intention is not to wind people up, but if they take my thoughts amiss, that is their privilege .
Did anyone actually accuse you of it Tara?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Look in the Politics Threads there's a lot of Baiting goes on there, certain members like to call certain groups out. I find it's best to ignore them as most of the time they really have no idea of what's actually going on elsewhere. Having said that though, it can be very hard to keep stum at times.
Tell me about it! I hide behind the sofa and fire from there. It's a different me when I get involved over there.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Think of baiting as "lighting the touchpaper" and then backing off to watch the ensuing fireworks. It happens on every forum, sometimes quite often - gaming forums are always seeng threads erupt because of baiting.
That's more like "flaming" in order to start a "war" .....
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:41 PM

Because they enjoy winding people up and there are plenty WUM,s on the OFF and as the forum gets bigger so will the WUM's increase,

the best reaction is no reaction WUM's hate being ignored.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:42 PM

Baiting can be several things posting and running away not contributing other than to annoy with your first post, posting in a controversial manner deliberately to cause trouble, continual asking of questions instead of giving your own opinion. Making threads that you know will cause offence. I'm sure there are other definitions too. WUMS and trolls know them all.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2019, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
That's more like "flaming" in order to start a "war" .....
That’s why it’s called flame bait

Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

21-08-2019, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
That’s why it’s called flame bait

As a previous poster has pointed out, baiting takes many forms, including flaming .....

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top