Join for free
Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 10:52 AM

Re: Why the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
That's awful TessA if only people didn't assume they know your life better than you do. Only consolation I can see is I bet your kids love you and have realised you are the one kept them safe all those years. They usually do know whether we tell them or not.
Thanks Julie.

Working three part time jobs until I got a full time one, kept a roof over our heads but wore me out eventually.
I just looked out my divorce papers, I should have got quite a bit over 11 years!

He had the cheek to take me to court to get it reduced but when his solicitor heard he hadn't been paying anything he took him outside and shouted at him! Then he disappeared
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:04 AM

Tessa are you in SA now ?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:07 AM

Nooo I came back in 1985, didn't want to, but I couldn't get a decent job where I was without speaking Afrikaans, my rent was as much as my wages, I had lots of help from friends fortunately.
I saw a solicitor on getting back here so I think I can open a case.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2019, 11:10 AM

I hope that you are sucessful Tessa .
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 12:48 AM

Why do rich people take drugs and can't go a day without Alcohol.

They do not want for anything, live in lovely homes in the most prestigious areas, buy anything they desire and often spend Half a £Million on one Birthday Party.
Also have lovely wives and families and often a mistress as well to spend their money on

What is the are lacking?

Does money not make them happy?

Or, is it very stressful managing a fortune?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2019, 01:01 AM

What a huge generalisation Azure !
All rich people don't take drugs and don't drink alcohol every day .
In the same way you don't have to be rich to take drugs and drink alcohol daily indeed many of those people on the streets do exactly that!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
A relentless pursuit of money/wealth often stems from a lack of spiritual awareness and life awareness. It comes imho from an indoctrinated belief that life success is measured in what status, wealth and material assets one can amass in one's lifespan.

I don't personally subscribe to that mentality.

A man with nothing but life's essentials, living frugally and happily with contentment and oneness with Nature is more wealthy than any billionaire devoid of true happiness and contentment.

What does it profit a man if he ammasses all the wealth in the world and then dies? Surely better to have little and to live forever.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

24-01-2019, 03:31 PM

Thing is Realist it isn't cheap to live at one with nature .
Least ways not in this country.
I would love to live on a farm and live a simple life growing my own stuff etc etc .
I would love to have an eco friendly house .
I do have an eco friendly garden .
It's a right mess and nature and wildlife love a mess .
Maybe we should all go and live in hobbit houses in Wales but what I ask myself to people do for money ?
One has to buy some things at some point .
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by Azure ->
A very sweeping statement. Is this something only the rich do? Not according to Realist; according to him it is a trait of homeless people

Originally Posted by Realist ->
What does it profit a man if he ammasses all the wealth in the world and then dies? Surely better to have little and to live forever.
And yet you won't give anything to a homeless person because they "drink and take drugs"?

Make up your mind.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2019, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
A very sweeping statement. Is this something only the rich do? Not according to Realist; according to him it is a trait of homeless people.
And yet you won't give anything to a homeless person because they "drink and take drugs"?

Make up your mind.
Don't worry Bruce. The homeless will live forever like the rest of us lol!

Page 9 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top